LRPS LIST OF WINNERS - NOVEMBER 18, 2023

With last Saturday being our last race of the LRP Series for 2023, we couldn’t have asked for any better weather. Saturday was sunny, warm, and welcoming. The weather is very unusual for this time of year but I’m not complaining. I noticed we went from shorts to over-coats in the amount of 8 hours. One thing that was not unusual Saturday was the talent that showed up to race. You guys have not once disappointed me in attendance or in talent. We have had new people to show up and try their hand at competing at THE POND (as some people have titled the track). Whatever you call it, you will have to admit it is a smooth, fast track. The speed of Liberty Raceway is breathtaking at times and Saturday was a good night for speed, especially for this time of year as the temperature determines a lot of things when it comes to track speed and conditions.

I have to mention 2 racers and that is Chase Ellis and Ryan Summers. These two guys have struggled for a little while only they never gave up. These two racers have strutted their stuff these last 2 races here at LRP with both picking up wins in Saturday’s main events. Summers winning Clone Lite and Ellis winning Clone Medium, Clone Heavy, and Pro Clone 390. Congratulations you two on your wins and taking home the loot Saturday. Now, you both should be able to start your 2024 season in this continued style.

In one of my personal favorite classes, Sr Champ 425, the Kidwell brothers took the wins, but Daddy worked his butt off on those tires to help get you there. I’m not taking away credit where credit is due, driving has got a lot to do with winning, but those tires have to help give you speed in which Daddy Kidwell was glad to provide. Good job Dad! Good job Anthony and Johnny.

2024 season has been a nail bitter for sure. The competition we have at LRP is so good that and I quote from one of our regular drivers, “sometimes the class may be a little light, but they are the good ones”, and a quote from my husband, “I don’t care how many are here there is always enough here to get beat.” So, whether you have a 2 or 500 in a class, there is always going to be a winner and a loser. Someone is going home beaten.

Below is the list of winners of the LRPS RACE which was a makeup race for the rainout race of 5-27

BEGINNER RED PLATE
AUSTIN PHIPPS

JR 1
CHASE PARKER

JR 2
TRACE DANIEL

JR 3
LUCAS AMBURN

JR CHAMP POINTS
ADDISON BARKER

TEEN CHAMP
JASMINE KIDWELL

CLONE LITE
RYAN SUMMERS

CLONE MEDIUM
CHASE ELLIS

CLONE HEAVY
CHASE ELLIS

CLONE 425
CHRIS CARPENTER

CLONE 450
JAKE MULLIS

SR CHAMP 425
JOHNNY KIDWELL

PREDATOR 390
LUKE SYKES

PREDATOR 425
LUKE SYKES

We run several classes that does not accumulate points and below is a group that are not listed in any particular order but that did win their non-points class.

AUSTIN PHIPPS, CHASE PARKER, LUCAS AMBURN, TRACE DANIEL (2 CLASSES), ADDISON BARKER, BRENT LEWIS, ANTHONY KIDWELL, NOAH MARTIN, AND CHASE ELLIS

That’s it for the 2023 LRPS season. Some of these 2023 champions came down to the last lap of the main events to determine who would win for the year. Stand proud drivers. There has been a lot of classy drivers here this year. To win the championship with 10 races involved is outstanding. CONGRATULATIONS!

Tommy and I have been talking about the 2024 season and there will be some changes made. I guess right now, the most important change you need to know about is there will not be any Predators to run at LRP in both the LRPS AND THE NCDS. It will be all DUCAR engines and will replace the Predator class. Ducar 390 and Ducar 425 and we will be applying the rules provided by DYNO CAMS. If you have any questions about the class, go to DYNO CAMS website to view the rules.

Again, let me remind everyone of the Holiday Classic to be run at Liberty Raceway on December 9. For parking you will need to call 704-989-1542. If you can’t get ahold of him when you call, leave a message so he can return your call.

Tommy and I are working on banquet plans and will let you know as soon as we can as to when it will be. We will also post directions as to what you will need to do for your awards. We have a lot to do and to decide on. Year-end duties are hectic, and it seems that everything all comes at once. Just be patient.
I really hate signing this off today. I hate for a season to end. I won’t be seeing many of you throughout our down time. We hope everyone will have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Dr Charles Stanley says if we do a daily Thanksgiving and thank God for our blessings, it will reduce stress, keep us focused, give us energy. Try it every morning for a while and see if it works. I thank you will be thanking be for telling you this. Also, we wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING MAKE THE 2023 SEASON A SUCCESS!

Back