Making own prep

Alright guys, needing some help here. We are currently wanting to create our own prep line at our home track. When making preps, what is it that you look for in your ingredients?? How does one know what amount of all ingredients that are put in?? Just trying to figure this out and make it happen at our local level first then if it takes off, may expand our area. Thanks in advance!!

First thing I would do is obtain an M.S.D.S. sheet on every chemical you use, then maybe you could pick the less dangerous types. A Chemistry class or 2 might not hurt either.

Jack is right- it's probably not a great idea to just mash up a lot of volatile chemicals without being heads-up on how they will react with one another. As far as ingredients go, do you really think people are just going to give you a recipe for preps so you can sell it and profit?

Alright guys, needing some help here. We are currently wanting to create our own prep line at our home track. When making preps, what is it that you look for in your ingredients?? How does one know what amount of all ingredients that are put in?? Just trying to figure this out and make it happen at our local level first then if it takes off, may expand our area. Thanks in advance!!

If you even have to ask this, in an open forum as Bobs, you will be better off either sticking with the manufactured preps, or having someone produce the prep for you. Not being mean, just straight up with you.

I agree with Earl 100 percent! Not only from a safety standpoint but also from a cost standpoint. Most prep lines and makers have been at this for many years. Prep recipes are hard to come by! Atleast any that work on a consistant basis. Another option would be to do a buy in on a known and proven prep line and become a dealer for that line of prep. Fine one that will provide good tech support though. Be glad to help you any way I can though.

ROB PEACOCK,

MASTER GRIP PREPS

REAL DEAL TIRES

ROB PEACOCK RACING SERVICES

I made my own prep for years, but it became a hassle. I couldn't get what I needed from my local store. It was to where I had to get them from a distribution warehouse. I didn't need that much and the price. I finally realized that it is easier just to buy it.
If you figure your gas, time, and cost of chemicals, containers, you'll find its cheaper to buy it.
Alan

Chemical buy-ins, containers, testing and entry fees, wear and tear on equipment, not to mention the amount of tires you will ruin trying to "invent" a prep. Without a lot of help, it would take years to develop even a couple of good preps that are worthy of selling.
Totally agree with the above posts....if you have to ask, you're better off becoming a dealer for a brand that is proven and you can make a few bucks on.
I'd be glad to help you with our prep line, as would Earl, Randy, and others. I seriously doubt that anyone will divulge the information that you are asking, whether it's for profit or not.

And I figured this would just be another homebrew discussion. Diesel, MEK, acetone, transmission fluid, you name it... It gets scary real quick. :)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Just do what a lot of smaller companies do -- buy the big name stuff with no label and rebadge it yourself. :) (NOTE: I MEAN WORK THE AGREEMENT TO DO SO AS A LICENSEE, NOT SIMPLY RIPPING THE MANUFACTURER OFF AND "STEALING" RECIPE!!)

Just do what a lot of smaller companies do -- buy the big name stuff with no label and rebadge it yourself. :) (NOTE: I MEAN WORK THE AGREEMENT TO DO SO AS A LICENSEE, NOT SIMPLY RIPPING THE MANUFACTURER OFF AND "STEALING" RECIPE!!)

Shoot, they'll label it for you.

Just for the record, I can make prep (really really good prep) but I buy prep because it's safer, cheaper, easier and just as effective.

When you mention the fact you are looking to sale your creation and that's exactly what it becomes when you put two or more agents together.. You might ought to seek a product liability coverage to go along with it.. Take someone that misuses it or digest it in someway and seeks compensation and you have no coverage.. Well you may be working for them for the rest of your life..
Some companies have this coverage while most others are flying by their boot straps..

research goes a long way there r millions of recipes online, but use caution as some chemicals do not like others at all and will hurt u ...
there are many many people who will sell u there prep for you to relabel and sell as your own, i can hook you up with tire cleaner, inside and outside prep un labeled and ready for your label as well as msds sheets for them. my product is not made in a garage somewhere it is made in a clean facility and developed with chemist and racers working together, mine is not the best but is comparable but is safer than a cluster of other chemicals hit me up if interested.

Back