margay brava 4 change up

chadr

I just bought a margay for my son.
jumped to quick. It is setup for Sprint
we want to race dirt oval. Can I change it up to do so? I am new to karting so I don't know squat,but am a real fast and technical learner.
the kart is a ,1998 Brava 4

Wasting your time for what you could sell it for and buy a cheap oval kart. It's probably not even really legal since it has a 40mm axle. Even setup to the best it possibly could be you could get an old oval kart and be much better off

You've got the kart, and though it's not a competitive LTO (left turn only) kart, it could be run on the dirt. If your son likes it, the dirt racing, after a few races, you could then buy you a true LTO kart. It all depends on how much money you've got to spend. You could sell the kart you have, maybe, and hopefully, not lose too much money. If you can do that, I think you would be better off.

You can look at it this way; this is your 1st mistake, let me assure you, there will be many more to come, and it's how you recover from those mistakes that counts. I hope it doesn't put you off on kart racing.

Find a kart track and attend a couple of races. Watch the lineups, see what's competitive, talk to people, Karter's love to talk about their karts.

But IMO, the kid is going to lose interest a lot quicker if he's getting killed by a bunch of offset karts.. Doesn't take too long to lose interest.. I'd take what you could get out of the Margay, or go sprint racing with it... Or get an offset kart and a bunch of tires, and go dirt racin.

I guess the reason for the thought of change up would be that there are so few Sprint tracks and I want him to be able to race all over Texas ,Louisiana,Mississippi,and North Florida. He is 19
autistic and loves driving . He is good at it. The kart has a great flat head and most Sprint tracks don't allow them. They want the LO206

I think your gonna find that the flathead has been replaced as well. Many tracks now running clones or 206

Back