max rpm and temp

Well, at our local track, one of my customers won several races in the weenie pipe class turning 6000 to 6200 max, so I don't know about the higher rpms (unless the track is just a lot different)

I know what you mean, i have turned mine 6000-6200 before also but that is the max for me with a box stock, it just wasnt making any power above 6000 really

would you like to see the mychron data?
I sure would. And it's not that I don't believe you, I really do, it's just that it would be interesting to see it and prove to everyone that you did it. It would also be very interesting to see how you did it.

It's a fact that if you added 1 tooth to the axle and you picked up about 100 RPM, you will be going about the same speed on the top with the extra tooth, but the lower gear should help you out of the corner.

If the engine was really not making horsepower at that RPM then you wouldn't pick up that extra 100 revs. Of course it depends on the gear ratio you're running to calculate exactly how many RPMS you need to gain.

On a side note, if you're running a 4.0 gear ratio and you go from 6000 to 7100 RPM, you gain almost 10 miles per hour. I'm pretty sure that would be noticeable to the naked eye. That gain in speed amounts to almost a 20% increase.

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.

A good motor with a good top end should have no problems turning 6500-6600 on ovals. A motor with no top end will be stuck and run out at 6300. Big pipe.
Indoors at batesville had one of our motors run 6900 in qualifying on the pole over knopf on scott heaths/marc modes trick olimpic. Got motor back to see if it was hurt and not a thing wrong with it.

Small pipes you have to back off rpm, the motor will run out due to pipe. Still most tracks you will still stay around 6200-6300.

Akra box stock rules.

Rpm is all in the engine builders setup, preparation, and knowledge.

Most big name builders you see, watch their house kart and listen to how many rpms they sound like they are turning. I would be willing to bet that most if not all big name builders are in the ranges I listed above.

More times than not rpm has a direct relationship with rpm drop in the corners. Getting the motor back to peak power center off. But even with that we have been places and turned more than we thought we should and had no problems with motor or performance.

Back