Maxxis punching 20

csc

What's the best way to get a set of pink Maxxis punching in the 20's? Don't just say Goat or Krug. Say something like 5 oz of prep ____ (fill in the blank) on the inside and roll in pan for 30 minutes with prep ___ at 200 degrees, or wipe twice a day for 10 days with prep ____ . Looking for some details of exactly what to do. Thanks.

It sounds like you already know what you want to do, and are turning your back on two of the most popular preps to go that low on duro. Unless you are at a Maxxis-only track, a yellow Vega will usually outrun that tire pretty handily.

I dont really know if you can get a pink in the 20s without really hurting the tire. Vega you can do but if you have a Maxxis rule, the lowest ive seen that ran good has been about a 33-35 and was killed with goat.

If you get a maxxis that soft you have a very high chance of locking down to the track or just pealing the tire off. Like everyone else is saying, if you don't have a tire rule a vega would be your best bet. If you prepare it right you shouldn't even need it that soft. And if it is a maxxis tire rule then you could try preparing them differently so you don't have to get them that soft but you still get a good bite out of the tire.

Chop Cutz
Porkchop Jones
(812)-447-3306

I got a set of Pinks/Blues down to about 25 for racing dirt in the cold cold winter.
I wrapped them in plastic after a liberal coat of Goat Pee.
They didn't stay in the 20's for long. Maybe 3 days after the race they were back up to 35.
We decided there is a temp that is too cold to race and quit til it warmed up some

If you get a maxxis that soft you have a very high chance of locking down to the track or just pealing the tire off. Like everyone else is saying, if you don't have a tire rule a vega would be your best bet. If you prepare it right you shouldn't even need it that soft. And if it is a maxxis tire rule then you could try preparing them differently so you don't have to get them that soft but you still get a good bite out of the tire.

Chop Cutz
Porkchop Jones
(812)-447-3306

Ive seen times where you needed Vegas in the low teens, yes at times you need tires that soft.

If you want tires that soft you need to start off with a set of 800s. More rubber the better they soften. As far as getting tires down that soft I wouldnt roll the inside. I would set them in the sun and wipe them every time they dry with BTGP/ SAA Grape until they read what you are wanting. I cant say how many coats exactly, but I promise your arms will get a good workout!

If you want tires that soft you need to start off with a set of 800s. More rubber the better they soften. As far as getting tires down that soft I wouldnt roll the inside. I would set them in the sun and wipe them every time they dry with BTGP/ SAA Grape until they read what you are wanting. I cant say how many coats exactly, but I promise your arms will get a good workout!

Not that i disagree with you or anything Chris, but can you shed some light on why you would prefer to drop the duro from the outside by wiping rather than rolling the inside when trying to drop the duro that low? I do agree that SAA Grape or BTGP either one would definately be the prep of choice to drop 20 or more points, i prefer the grape myself. Have had good luck with Venom Soak and heat also

Several ways to get there. I also don't think you need to internally roll a tire to make it work. I would take a 900 that has been ran flipped and ran some more. Sidewalls should be forgiven. I would use pure gold "good goat pee". You can pan roll it, torch and wipe it, use tire warmers, or the old fashioned way. Soak some rags or paper towels with gold around the contact patch then wrap in Saran Wrap. I've seen all these ways work.

He wouldn't roll the inside Weddle, because you're wiping it so much on the outside that some prep will go all the way through the tires anyway

Mineral spirits 150 will drop a tire like a stone in the ocean. Pan roll them with low heat to within 5 points of what you want then add 50% goat to the mix for bite. Will get them low and slow in a hurry. Caution: don't expect them to last very long as this will cause the internal structure of the tire to break down.

You want them soft in a hurry this will do it.

Mineral spirits 150 will drop a tire like a stone in the ocean. Pan roll them with low heat to within 5 points of what you want then add 50% goat to the mix for bite. Will get them low and slow in a hurry. Caution: don't expect them to last very long as this will cause the internal structure of the tire to break down.

You want them soft in a hurry this will do it.

What is Mineral Spirits 150? Where can it be bought?

Back