Maxxis Whites vs Vega Yellows

rswiggart

After this last weekend I’ve heard enough of people saying I need to buy yellow vegas.

I am not opposed to buying them and trying them. However can anyone give me a comparison of a Vega yellow vs a maxxis white?

I usually run maxxis tires, however I could see where a Vega could be dominant on some of the small bullrings we run.

If anyone has used both could you please give me some insight.

Ryan

Vegas have natural gum rubber in them so they have naturally aggressive bite. Different sidewall construction, can be cut rounder, etc.
Maxxis whites are a good at a track where Pinks would go well if they had tons of internal in them and dropped down below 50 duro.
Vega Yellows work best on low/no bite track surfaces (either wet/slimy or dry/dusty.)

Give us a call - we've got a fantastic Vega program.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Vegas have natural gum rubber in them so they have naturally aggressive bite. Different sidewall construction, can be cut rounder, etc.
Maxxis whites are a good at a track where Pinks would go well if they had tons of internal in them and dropped down below 50 duro.
Vega Yellows work best on low/no bite track surfaces (either wet/slimy or dry/dusty.)

Give us a call - we've got a fantastic Vega program.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
I pm'd about some tires.

Its hard to outrun a Vega when a Vega is needed. The White Maxxis is really good in the 35- 45 range but anything softer than 35 I would go with a yellow Vega.

Back