Measuring CCs

Has anyone checked this method against the approved AKRA cc tech procedure? Also, rougly how many cc's does the stock dished piston add? I'm sure there is some variation, but should be within a CC...

I will have to check, but I am pretty sure the cc's of the block, with the piston .010 in the hole has been coming up to 5cc in my builds. I don't know about the piston itself though, I just check it in the cylinder, and then the head, add in gasket and adjust from there.

OOPS^^ double post, sorry

With it leaking that much by the rings there is a very good possibility that it wont pass tech on the rings having to support the piston and rod in the cylinder a with the oil ring and the otjers having to support themselves in the cylinder JUST A THOUGHT hope this helps

You may be a little confused as to the ring rule OR you just didn't post it the way you actually wanted to. Here is the ring rule: The top two rings must support themselves unattached to the piston and rod assembly when placed in the cylinder with the end gaps pointing upwards. The oil ring must be assembled on the piston and rod assembly and support itself when the entire assembly is placed in the cylinder

I will have to check, but I am pretty sure the cc's of the block, with the piston .010 in the hole has been coming up to 5cc in my builds. I don't know about the piston itself though, I just check it in the cylinder, and then the head, add in gasket and adjust from there.

Is that with the standard 68mm bore? If so, that tells me your dished piston is very close to 4cc... Does that sound right?

Back