promoter@maoskart.com

2014 SCHEDULE
Speed Creek 2, Lapel IN- April 5th
St Louis Karting Association, Pevely MO- May 10th
Kartington Raceway, Cardington OH- June 21st
Jamaica Raceway, Jamaica IA- August 9th
Mid-State Kart Club, Springfield IL- September 13th

MAOS "ELITE CHAMPION"

1) Passing Points (1 point per pass in heats and features no negative points will be awarded. This will be scored from subtracting starting positions from finishing position)
2) Finishing Position (example: 1st 25 points, 2nd 24 points, 3rd 23 points etc. Heats and Features)
3) Class Entries (1 point for the entries into a class during the weekend)
4) Honor to Series-(X5 for attending all 5 races, only) 5 points/ weekend.

Running Multiple Classes does not give anyone an advantage. The only somewhat possible advantage is running a class with more entries as you will get 1 entry point per entry into the class. Obviously a class with more entries is harder to win should receive more points. Potentially a racer could still win in class with a average number of entries though. When we score a driver that is running multiple classes they receive a separate score for each class. For example. #23 John Smith enters 3 classes- Adult Stock Heavy, Adult Stock Light, and Adult Champ on the Standings it will show 3 scores specific to the classes #23 John Smith ASH-345 #23 John Smith ASL-321 #23 John Smith AC-284. We will take the best score making them the "Elite Champion" this system gives no advantage to the racers with more money only puts skill to the test and allows the best driver to win!

CLASS RUNNING ORDER
1. Kid Kart
2. JR1- Davenport Concrete
3. Adult Flathead
4. Pro Gas Animal
5. JR2 light
6. Putt Putt
7. kt100-open tire, no contingencies
8. JR Champ
9. Stock light
10. Pro Junior
11. UAS-open tire, no contingencies
12. Adult Champ
13. Pro Animal- J2K Motorsports
14. RWYB-open tire, no contingencies, non championship
15. JR2 heavy
16. Stock heavy
*Check the website out for engine packages per class

Adult Champ is a mixed class running similar rules to the most successful champ series in the Midwest "Young Guns" but in MAOS we added in the WKA Pro Gas Animal as a package that is more affordable than most and rules are frozen for 3 years. The addition of WKA Pro Gas Animal is MAOS's push toward a single engine package (for champs) which was stated that it needs to happen by Rage's owner Jeff himself (indirectly) so we are running with it. As champ karts numbers are dwindling compared to flat kart's numbers this in our opinion; is a much needed action. One dominate engine package. We will make the field as competitive as possible but the advantage is leaning toward this package. I know controversy is there and so far no one has objected this or presented a good enough argument against the power and speed for the price. I strongly encourage those who are serious and do decide to run our series to buy a Pro Gas Animal or convert a regular animal over. Since the first race is still a little ways away racers can sell or trade their motors (wheel and deal) to get this package. To purchase this package new there are several engine builders out there building/converting these and providing great pricing. If history repeats itself as it always does this motor and the clone will be the dominate packages in kart racing for many years to come.

Adult Champ 14-up

385 Flathead (UR)
410 Animal .312 3 Hole Gold
400 ARKA Clone, big pipe-gas
380 Local 206-gas 6100 RPM Rev
410 WKA Pro Gas Animal

Also a reminder as I have been receiving PMs and questions elsewhere if you win the "Elite Championship" you will be invited to a Driver Development Program with a NASCAR Truck Team. I'm not sure what other series you can run for an opportunity like this that even comes close. As the truck's team driver is getting older and moving out of the seat there is a shift toward searching for a new up and coming driver. It is possible to become the driver for the team.

I would like to clarify that Jeff at Rage is not the reason behind the motor choices. This is the movement toward a single engine package. Also Rage as of now have no intentions of being part of the series as he declined my offer. I stated this because he did say at one time that one single engine would be best for champs. So we are doing just that. You will still be able to run any of the other platforms but in the future you can see our direction. Champs IMO need this solid structure and will help keep it alive.

Winner of the ELITE CHAMPIONSHIP will be invited to NC with a truck team. This is a surprise to many and is a experience that can only be earned. They are not going to hand you a ride on the spot but very well could. By doing this program you will learn from a NASCAR team and pad your resume also create a relationship that is priceless. Have any questions Pm me or check out www.maoskart.com about page.

May have some more to add to the Elite Championship during the season as its being discussed with the NASCAR team.

junior ages

our driver will turn 12 in dec. will he be able to run jr 2 or will he have to be jr i . he has raced for 4 yrs.

Sorry he will have to race junior 1 in 2014. If I bend the rules for one I must bend for all. I'm not going to make that mistake. I know that sometimes the transition is tough and feels like forever from one class to another. As far as experience goes its great he has 4 years but its still not according to the rules. Again I am sorry but good thing is he should have a upper hand on experience as I know a few Junior 1 racers racing the series and its going to be dogfight to win that championship.

This is straight from our rule book which can be located on the Website's Rule Page

17. Drivers must race in the designated age class, the driver cannot move to a lower
age class or higher age class during the weekend. Birth certificates must be shown at
the competitor’s initial race if driver’s license or permit is not available. If the driver changes age
throughout the season they have the option of racing the remainder in the same class
for the championship. If the driver moves up during the year, any points earned in the
lower class do not move up. MAOS director must approve all moves.

Stock heavy (clone & 206) is now $350 guaranteed to win, 812 Motorsports. Jr 2 light is $100 Guaranteed to win and sponsored by Uncle Franks. Thank you to both sponsors for providing a little cash for take home

We are reserving personal numbers for $10 for the whole series. Your number will be saved for any class within your age group (Adult, Junior 2, Junior 1). Someone can run your number as long as you are not entered into the class, but if you decide to run the class they must change it. This is not a necessary thing to buy, but it sucks to show up and have to alter your awesome decals. This is mainly for those who decide to run the whole series. This will help us with the initial race's individual awards 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive these awards.

We put up the option for online entry forms. Just go to the website and sign up or even buy your numbers. When you go to the site you will notice it doesn't process your card right away as we will verify the information and send you a emailed invoice before we process the payment for verification. Helps with any mis-communications. www.maoskart.com

Less than two months the country will have again a true national caliber travelling asphalt series. we are having racers from several states already signing up and excited for this. Those who are excited for the NASCAR opportunity are going to put on some of the best racing in 2014. We also have struck interest in the nearly lost class for oval kt100. We have some sponsorship openings left but won't last much longer. If you would like to be part of this series visit www.maoskart.com also soon I will be posting the minimum payouts for the first race.

Speed Creek 2, Lapel Indiana is the first race for Midwest Asphalt Oval Series. If you want to be part of it please check out our website. www.maoskart.com We will answer any questions the racers may have also we will be at the 32nd Annual Raah Kart Swap Meet on March 15th, 2nd Annual Coconut Shootout March 29th. We already have pre-entries in both adults and juniors if you are interested in getting a great deal on tires let me know asap as we are making a bulk order soon. The prices are cheaper than any other around because we are working directly with Vega. I can delivery them to the swap meet, Coconut Shootout, or pick them up.

We have received several pm in the last 24 hours regarding junior 1 and the vast majority said keep the class motors the same just change the weights slightly. So you can find the class list on our website as we went with a light and Pro (heavy). This allows the racers to enter two classes if the wish.

I am releasing the Series Payout, the classes that appear to not have any payout in the top 5 placings are the classes that are not sponsored. If you were expecting much more for payout I apologize, but from day 1 this has been a Championship driven series with a $35 entry fee across the board. The only way I can see other series getting the $1000 to $2500 purses are by those $90 entry fees. We prefer of prizes to be in contingencies. Such as Vega sponsoring the banquet and items during the season, Chris Lafferty Motorsports TV, and others. If someone would like to sponsor a class or know of anyone that does it clearly shows how fast the purse grows if its cash. If you need more info on what classes are available please do not hesitate to contact me. Here is the link to the payout.

Thank you
Mitchell Staats

http://nebula.wsimg.com/2e20648c2644...&alloworigin=1

Do any of you racers have any used but not used up Vegas for sale I would like to buy some.I'll be at kartington to watch you guys,let me know ,thanks

Back