MIdwest Indoor Dirt Track Needed!!

T T Bone

Anyone know of any abandoned buildings large enough for a nice sized track here in the Central Illinois area?? Due to the weather its time to start looking:cool: Hard to support and build the sport with every track around under water!!! Getting very old... Thanks..

None that will be reasonable enough to make it feasible let alone profitable. I would suggest to check warehouses in Decatur but with it now being an inland port I doubt it would be realistic at all. The old Revere plant in Clinton would be idea but that got shot down several years ago.

Sounds like that will be a hard search, maybe a commercial real estate agent can help find you something that you could rent? Short term lease would be nice, try and just lease for the indoor season.

I am thinking about checking with Coal plants that have been shut down. Surely they had a shop big enough!!

Bell is in Rantoul. Gordyville would be interesting but was told they weren't crazy about motorsports indoors, however they use to have a tractor pull there annually. Tony what coal plant around here were you thinking of or are talking about the actual mine facility?

Not too far. I will research. The calendar is busy already though.. Horses and Karts I am not sure that will fly with the horse owners?? Thanks for info..

Back