Millbridge advice needed

Never been to Millbridge . Heard they're running some Friday night flat karts . Can someone advise what's a good gear combo to start out with . Appreciate the help in advance ,,,,,,,

I think the issue is that they haven't ran flat karts there in quite a few years except for a predator class of some type. Also, they've changed the track over the years also. There may not be a lot of info to get until everyone has run there a few weeks....

Went there Friday trying to get an idea too for a predator class. Im building one now. Couldn't get much out of anyone.

I don't think we're gonna be able to go there since we're racing at patriot this year. But I was told that if we do go, to start with the same setup we ran at woodleaf last year, with the exception that millbridge will require more rear stagger possibly. It's a pretty small track, so I couldn't tell you on gear. Hope that helps some.

I don't think we're gonna be able to go there since we're racing at patriot this year. But I was told that if we do go, to start with the same setup we ran at woodleaf last year, with the exception that millbridge will require more rear stagger possibly. It's a pretty small track, so I couldn't tell you on gear. Hope that helps some.
Perfect example of the value of free, secondhand, information. I'm afraid "the same set up" recommendation hardly applies to what sounds like two totally different tracks. But, on the other hand, I'm just guessing. The "more stagger" recommendation sounds like we're talking about a smaller track, and I would guess, that would call for a lower gear ratio. My assessment would be that "stagger" and "gear ratio" are big parts of "setup".

Sorry for the unsolicited comments!

No need to be sorry, Al -- it is an open forum for discussion.

Actually, we've run at a couple of local tracks that are significantly different in track lay-out (one has long straights and very tight corners - think paper clip...while the other has shorter straights and is more of a sweeping cornered oval.) We run the exact same gearing at both tracks. We run pretty much the same stagger and car set-up at both tracks as well.

As for Millbridge, you'll have to ask a local running your class (or similar) for some insight there.
The fun part of running at a track without much info, is that you can compare to other tracks that you've been to, narrow down your selection of gearing and stagger, and start watching your Mychron for rpm & lap times. The guys with the most experience generally have a pretty big advantage early on.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
28 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

--

Back