milling head

Arc Angel 18

on a standard 22cc head how much would need to be milled off to achieve 18cc and if checked would it pass the 26.5 cc test with a .010 head gasket?

It's roughly .8 cc for every .010" milled... But the further you go the less you get, because the chamber gets smaller. And... W/ a 18cc head you'll need the piston to be at least .035 in the hole and 2 gaskets... Just a rough estimate.. Not sure why you would want to do that.

Make sure you have the best flowing head, cut the deck to .005 or so in the hole and then begin milling the head and keep checking the cc until you get it to 26.5 You will need to pull the head and clean the piston and head every 2 races or so as not to get DQ'd for not enough cc. due to carbon. Now, that is jut to get h.P. from the cylinder. Now you need to look at other areas of the engine.

Make sure you have the best flowing head, cut the deck to .005 or so in the hole and then begin milling the head and keep checking the cc until you get it to 26.5 You will need to pull the head and clean the piston and head every 2 races or so as not to get DQ'd for not enough cc. due to carbon. Now, that is jut to get h.P. from the cylinder. Now you need to look at other areas of the engine.
Don....Is this the same 'DynoDon' of "Spitit and Intent" fame, or...is this the 'DynoDon', Famed Engine Builder? I'm somewhat amused w/ this coming from you....(on 'here') :) (the '26.5' does indicate a 'stock' build...rgt?) Jst pull'n ur leg frm a 'critic' standpoint!

From memory, piston around .010 in the hole with a thin gasket will usually require a 20.5 chamber, at least. Just from my experiences. the piston cc's vary some too.

on a standard 22cc head how much would need to be milled off to achieve 18cc and if checked would it pass the 26.5 cc test with a .010 head gasket?
I think the bore is 2.685, so if you Mill 0.010, off the block, that would be .93 CC's. Of course like Don has said, there's a limit to how much you can remove from there. It sounds like you haven't done a CC check. I've never done it, but calculating the combustion chamber CC's sounds like a harder job.

Don....Is this the same 'DynoDon' of "Spitit and Intent" fame, or...is this the 'DynoDon', Famed Engine Builder? I'm somewhat amused w/ this coming from you....(on 'here') :) (the '26.5' does indicate a 'stock' build...rgt?) Jst pull'n ur leg frm a 'critic' standpoint!

Cute!!! lol

Back