MINecon or ??

Cakalac

I am in the process of deciding on a new chassis for the upcoming 2020 year. I sold my Millennium Mission and since they are not making the Mission anymore I am going to switch. The testing has really only been on the std tube. I run low to medium bite surfaces. I rarely get on higher bite stuff. So the smaller tubes feel better to me in how I like a kart to feel. I'm 5"9 140lbs. I was thinking the MINecon, but was wanting to know you guys thoughts that have them and how you like them? Also is there any difference in the kart from 2018 to 2020 or is it the same exact build?

I personally would go with ultramax rival. The minecon is not made anymore. With ultramax will definitely get better customer service.

I checked on the MINecon yesterday and it will be made into 2020. The Scythe and the MINecon will be their chassis in 2020. That came from one of their top teams.

Either one will get it done once you find the sweet spot, I found the MINecon easier to find it, For track conditions you mention don't be afraid of a Triton Jr just because it's a Sr Class.

I agree with krtrcn. I race in the upper Midwest, lower bite tracks and have been on a few different manufactures and in my personal opinion nothing compares to the Rival.

Got a buddy I race with on one now and can't get it to go. It's early, but been a handful so far. That actually was where I was headed. I just keep coming back to the MINECON with an eye open on the Rival.

We have had the MINecon for 2 years now. 28 features wins in those 2 years and have won over 60-70% of our races. Almost never out of top 3. Kart rotates extremely well for my son on any surface but especially well on low bite. We are adding a 2nd kart his year and are going to go with another MINecon.

Minecon 4 sure don't touch the triton Jr for your application we tried that when they 1st came out and didn't work well at all for adult drivers..

How many of you adults are running these chassis? MINecon and Rival? 1 1/8" tubing? What are your opinions as an adult on them? I realize they are generally thought of as Jr chassis but adults are getting on them more and more especially the smaller ones. Even though I have a buddy that's 425 riding one and winning consistently against good competition. LOL

How many of you adults are running these chassis? MINecon and Rival? 1 1/8" tubing? What are your opinions as an adult on them? I realize they are generally thought of as Jr chassis but adults are getting on them more and more especially the smaller ones. Even though I have a buddy that's 425 riding one and winning consistently against good competition. LOL
Provided your not racing strictly higher grip calcium tracks, mid to lower grip tracks either will work just fine in fact most likely the 1 1/8" will be better for you.

Provided your not racing strictly higher grip calcium tracks, mid to lower grip tracks either will work just fine in fact most likely the 1 1/8" will be better for you.
It is low to medium grip yes. That is the main reason for wanting the small tube chassis and me being 140-145lbs

It is low to medium grip yes. That is the main reason for wanting the small tube chassis and me being 140-145lbs
I've helped tune both under similar circumstances and even though personally I'm more of an U-Max guy, I found the MINecon slightly faster and easier to deal with.

I ended up going with a MINecon. The other choice would have been a Rival. I just couldn't find a small tube I liked in good shape with low race count. Thanks for all the help guys.

Back