Mini gears/plated animal

Has anyone experimented with mini gears on a purple plate animal? Was going to buy a set for clone racing, but figured if I have them why not use them all the time. Some say they only work well on clones so just wondering if anyone has tried them otherwise.

We run 1/8 banked clay oval Saturday night racing. They still run animals weekly. It’s a momentum track JR 1 class. Little guy lifts from time to time especially when trying to pass, but for most parts can flat foot it. Normal gear is like a 15/65. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried something like this on here, and could save me some time and headache trying to reinvent the wheel per day.

Don't waste your money with mini's if running animal classes.

For clone classes by all means help yourself!

By the way it looks to me it shouldn't matter which engine I run as long as I hit my target RPM's on the track, but with that being said, if you're using the same sprocket sizes in mini as you are regular why spend the money, now I'm thinking if I use the smaller gears 52 on down then take in account my rollout and then determine where I'm getting beat on the track at "end of straight / corner off" then try to get a gear set that will help in that area,, but first i need to be close to start with " thats just my opinion "😜

I think they help more on the ohv engines. My "theory" is that the broader/flatter torque curve is more accommodating to the smaller gears.
There were nights that we absolutely hit it out of the ballpark 20+ years ago with Steve's Accelerator small gears and other nights where it didn't seem to matter at all. When WKA pushed them out, we went back to standard gears; now here we are 20-30 years later running small gears on karts again. For whatever reason, they seem to have an advantage with ohv engines over the old flatheads. Call me crazy, I've been called worse. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com