mixing gas with nitro?

polartx

Never even looked into this before but we have a local snowmobile racing series up here that has no fuel tech. Only rule is no alky. What can I mix with the gas for added power? Its a 2 stroke single cylinder. About 310cc . Are the off the shelf products any good?

blendzall castor + octane booster, got a few bottles ended up running it in my KT100 for UAS races to use it up

Klotz KL614 Coxoc provides additional 37% oxygen to the fuel mixture. The added oxygen improves combustion efficiency and allows more gasoline to be burned. Extensive testing in the field and on dynos shows consistent increase of 6 –7% across the engines power band. Klotz COXOC will challenge and outrun the competition in the following ways: and Klotz KL600 Nitro Contains 50% Nitropropane and 50% Koolinal as blending and cooling agents. Koolinal also resists detonation and pre-ignition. KL 614 is for gas only KL600 is compatible with gas or methanol.

I think the rules meant no alky, gas only not gas and nitro. Why does everyone want to cheat.

If the rules meant gas only and no additives, it would say that, or there would be tech on the fuel. If the rules dont state that no additives can be used, its safe to assume others will be using additives also so why not use them yourself? Just because its not in the rules does not make it cheating. Cheating is when the rules clearly state not to do something and you do it anyways, at least thats how I and everyone I know looks at it. JMO

If they say no alky that means they want to limit the fuel. No tech means it's a gentleman's agreement on the honor system not open season. They just didn't figure so many sick minds would add something worse. Your friends assume everyone is cheating and that makes it ok to do the same? Ask how that situation worked out for Lance Armstrong.

Thanks for your input sundog but I'd rather not be called a cheater. You can run e85 or gas just not alky. Not to mention alky doest work very well at -30. The rest of you guys thank for the input also. I'm looking into these options. There is no fuel tech.

id mix klotz nirous with power plus cherry scent additive about 2 oz of each to a gallon don't go over board with the nitrous cuz its good stuff and will really get speed up but boy will it wear and tear on the engine so just make sure if you decide to run nitro mix it properly.hope that helps

Thanks for your input sundog but I'd rather not be called a cheater. You can run e85 or gas just not alky. Not to mention alky doest work very well at -30. The rest of you guys thank for the input also. I'm looking into these options. There is no fuel tech.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E85_in_the_United_States
If you can't run alky, why can you run the E85? According to this Wikipedia article, E85 contains as much as 85% alky.

How could you be called a cheater if it's alright to run E85? And if they don't check it, I think it's a little naïve to assume that everybody will adhere to the rule.

If you can run E85, then it must be okay to run alky. No alky means no E85.

Let me ask you a question; you say there's no tech on fuel, is that a hard and fast rule, or one of those things that, if you're too fast, they will check your fuel?

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

You can't run alky because in the snowmobile world nobody thinks it is safe. I have discussed this with them and it is a dead cause. Not an option in there eyes. Only tech that is done is open carb slide to measure bore of carb. Which almost never happens anyway. This is a back yard style track.

I am GLAD I got out 4-cycle karting! There are way to many Rules and self-appointed 'Techs' involved!! :)

There aren't any more rules than there were for the flathead or the current animal. Explain What is a "self appointed tech " Oh, and for what it is worth, you and Al need to read the 1st post. It isn't about karting.

There aren't any more rules than there were for the flathead or the current animal. Explain What is a "self appointed tech " Oh, and for what it is worth, you and Al need to read the 1st post. It isn't about karting.
after rereading my posts, I don't understand what you talking about!! Seems like you use every opportunity you get to put me down. Even when there's no reason.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

It wasn't a put down. You and screamin were talking about the clones and the main topic was about snowmobiles. You agreed with screamin (" me too") that there were to many rules and self appointed tech men. I simply pointed out that the post was not about clones. I just think that if someone wants to give their 2 cents, it should be concerning the topic at hand.

Back