mixing gas with nitro?

Sorry guys I probably shouldnt have put this in the general karting location. But thanks for the answers I am going to study these options some more and make a plan from there.
Thanks again.

I have no problem with nitro in fuel ! If u get a bunch of guys to race marbles someone is gonna look for an advantage dosen't matter snowmobiles, marbles, karts, boats, paper airplanes, someones gonna do what ever it takes! its called innovation(cheating)(rule bending ) whatever rules state what you cant do! I for 1 don't read a rule and then try to guess what it is implying just simply don't do what it says i can't do! If its not specifically stated in the rules its game on .....jmo

It wasn't a put down. You and screamin were talking about the clones and the main topic was about snowmobiles. You agreed with screamin (" me too") that there were to many rules and self appointed tech men. I simply pointed out that the post was not about clones. I just think that if someone wants to give their 2 cents, it should be concerning the topic at hand.

Sori Don....I missed the 'snowmobile' part, however, I wasn't speaking on 'Clone' specific either. "Long live the 2-Stroke....the original/real Karting engine!" :)

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught, hate me if you want;)
OK, I will.
nobody with that kind of attitude could ever be my friend. I'm sure you don't care one way or the other, but if you're going to cheat for a six dollar trophy, if you ever are caught, I hope they ban you from the track. I'm talking about cheating, not some small oversight such as being a tiny bit short on CC's.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Biggest problem you will have is that nitro methane don't mix good with gas, needs a Catylist like Acetone, and then it is very sensitive to heat and detonation, usually works better at lower static C.R. 's, Nitro Ethane works better with gas, biggest problem is in keeping the mix at the correct ratio for the ambient weather conditions. Try it if you think you know how to use it, but, I'd suggest that you buy some spare pistons and rings, you'll need them. It's a very steep and expensive learning curve.

OK, I will.
nobody with that kind of attitude could ever be my friend. I'm sure you don't care one way or the other, but if you're going to cheat for a six dollar trophy, if you ever are caught, I hope they ban you from the track. I'm talking about cheating, not some small oversight such as being a tiny bit short on CC's.

From the desk of Al Nunley

Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Al we are friends and are just joking man, calm down it's called bench racing.

I see that jack has offered the same exact thought that I had about the mix and making sure it is right for the temperature of the run. I had a JDX440 back in the day and I was constantly playing with jetting. I learned a hard lesson. Very very crisp cold evening and I had her leaned out. Running top end and she was flyin. All of a sudden she began to loose rpm and the sound of the engine changed dramatically. Before I could get it shut down it literally locked up. there I was out in the middle of a moonlit field on snow that was as hard as ice dead in my tracks. I needed to richen it up to the conditions before I went out. did a lot of damage.

I've had plenty of experience melting them down do to lean conditions. Just never have tried any additives. Twin pipes with the head cut on a 98 xc700 polaris and I was changing jets every 5 degrees. That got really old. But I did get good at changing them when we stopped for gas because this was my trail sled. I'm older and wiser now. I just leave the trail sleds stock.

That is a heart breaking sound....."it's running so good"......slows down(getting tight)......"squeak!"......silence:(
We played with different 2-cycle premix oils and gas additives in my 125 that I tortured in the enduro's as a teen for several seasons. 75-100 miles in the sand just ate HP and I had to do a new top end several times a season.
Hot gas resulted in almost twice the wrist pin wear. Shell premium unleaded and golden spectro premix showed the least wear and nice characteristics in how it burned....nice smooth carbon buildup. Other 2-cycle premix's seemed to lube as well but didn't burn as clean. This was quite awhile ago, just thought I'd throw it out there for S's @ G's.

This is a great topic for...."Live by the Sword....Die by the Sword"! Even when you 'think' you have IT figured out...IT will still bite/stick you on ur A**! :)

Back