Money race memorial weekend question for Iowa racers.

Shimek Speedway

We are gearing up for our annual memorial race sat. May 23rd. We have tried many kinds of incentives. All have their bonuses. We are all on budgets due to local business's economy. We are looking to have good entry fees;, gurantee pay out and local regular class.
What are popular classes rt now and what other money shows are that weekend? We will have our regular 4 foot trophies for Rookie classes. We have 2 spots for classes available for 1st $500, 2nd $200, 3rd $75. Who would be interested in running a smaller money show with better odds of winning some cash here in SE Iowa? Last year we guranteed 100 to top 5 karts in the main classes. We got 5 in each class maybe one had 6. so not trying that again. :) Looking to get atleast a 50 kart night that night. We get around 115 for series races each year. More money shows now on memorial. & some racers say they shy away thinking it will be rough racing but I don't see that any more then a regular night. Smooth clay oval track. www.shimekspeedwayfarmington1.com 319-878-3772 track phone.

I have only raced Shimek a couple times but have always thought the track was in nice shape and the races were well run by the race crew. Would be interested in more info on a Memorial weekend race. Will be there for your May 9th series race, wouldn't miss!

Racer wannabe is the flat kart the same winged clone karts that came for the special race last year. Then yes we plan to have another race or more here. Shane was in the hospital and was not able to figure out a plan but feel free to call us to talk more about it. WE are interested. Thanks bambi 319-878-3772

00fatcat. We are working on getting our money show info out there. We keep getting rained out so have no idea on the best classes to have run for $500 to win. Suggestions welcome

I'd suggest not having it the last two weekend in May. Newton is having the CRI Kart Stars race Memorial Day weekend than the Midwest Dirt series is the following. Just a little FYI.

looking like we will keep it on May 23rd . As for where it will go in classes to be determained. www.shimekspeedwayfarmington.com[/url]

Back