Moon Animal / SMC Vortex Red Clutch

yamadog35

*SOLD* Engine sold - clutch (I have two) still available

*Edit May 11 * Make me a reasonable offer folks. I will be bringing the engine and clutch to Mid Ohio in June

Moon Power WKA Unrestricted Animal. I'm listing this here for a while before listing in the general engine for sale section.
Bruce Peck - Indy PM me here if interested and I can provide additional contact info.

I am the 2nd owner. This engine was new in 2013 and won dirt races in Indiana. The Moon website has a video on their home page of this owner winning a race with this engine. The owner went back to running Clones so I bought it in 2014. Didn't run it until this past Daytona race after getting freshened by Rohn Moon. After this refresh I only ran a couple of short practice sessions at Daytona and then a rain shortened 20 minute race.

I'm selling this Animal with the SEKS pipe shown but without clutch for $750 + actual shipping to you. I can deliver to Mid Ohio in June and maybe other road races later in the year. I should note that the SEKS pipe is slightly modified in that the mounting flange has been rotated so that the pipe is moved slightly away from the driver. The brace system is also one I make myself and is rock solid.
If you buy the engine and want the clutch I will sell the clutch for $300. That includes two drums (baskets) and two belt sprockets and an additional mounting kit. The belt sprockets are 27 and 30 tooth. This is around a $500 value. The clutch as been used once at Daytona as described above. This is the most recent version of the clutch with the updated two ball bearing configuration.

Moon%201_zpsrv0kjzv9.jpg

Moon%202_zpsdqkyd2um.jpg

Vortex%20Drum%201_zpsljtafjy5.jpg

Back