Motor Identification needed

DempseyyG

Hi,

I have a motor I thought was a Komet K30, and I ended up buying a piston kit, carb, bolt kit and gasket kit from SpeedParts.co, and NOTHING fits. the bore is a 50.5mm, and the intake is 25mm and it looks just like a Komet K30. It is rotary valve. The crankshaft exits on both sides of the motor, there is almost no room under the carburetor on the outboard side for a gear, so the drive side will have to be the inboard side. The outboard side of the crankshaft is 60.50mm and the inboard side is 50.00mm.

Please let me know if you need additional information, I can't figure out what this motor is.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 76
That’s a Komet K-78 100cc engine. Without a front transfer port (TT) it needs a piston with a window in the front. Their stock bore is 50.8mm. What are you measuring it with? It came with a 27mm HL series carb.

Just to add very slightly to what Maddog said:

If you can find an OEM IAME piston for your engine, I myself always preferred to buy a TT piston, and machine-in the window for the non-TT setup. The OEM windowed pistons were a bit thin/weak in the area between the bottom corners of the window, and the transfer cutouts in the skirt of the piston. I believe it had something to do with the casting not "filling" with 100% density in that "zone". I had one crack there once, and went to TT pistons and machined-in the window. Never had another issue.

Fwiw...

PM

Back