motor mount ?

06 infiniti I'm needing to either add links in chain to get mount in front of frame rail or take links out to get behind frame rail so the motor mount sits flat which would be better

If you like your chassis a little tight, take some links out. If you like it more free and loose, add some links. This is if you don't have access to scales or aren't able to rescale it after moving the engine. Just my opinion

If you like your chassis a little tight, take some links out. If you like it more free and loose, add some links. This is if you don't have access to scales or aren't able to rescale it after moving the engine. Just my opinion
I agree with you. Hard to make the decision though without scales. Even if it's only bathroom scales, you want to know how much it changes your front depending on which way you choose.

How hard would it be for you to try both ways? No scales, just test both setups.

XXX chassis?
you sure its even an infiniti?
All Infiniti's have bars at the front and rear of the motor mount rail for engine adjustment, and no room in front of the front bar for a motor mount

For my Infinitis (and every other kart I've had), I tighten the mount in the middle section of the rails (between nerf pocket and the front rail Jamie is talking about), then build my chain from there off of a 120 link RLV gold gold chain. That allows you plenty of room for aggressive gear changes.

I agree with you. Hard to make the decision though without scales. Even if it's only bathroom scales, you want to know how much it changes your front depending on which way you choose.

How hard would it be for you to try both ways? No scales, just test both setups.

Isn't hard at all to try it both ways if you have 30 min to an hour of practice time to make the changes and take it out on the track to see the difference. I have done it on practice days, along with a bunch of other testing. Alot of knowledge can be gained just from spending a day at the track seeing what adjustments do what and how they affect the handling of the chassis.

XXX chassis?
you sure its even an infiniti?
All Infiniti's have bars at the front and rear of the motor mount rail for engine adjustment, and no room in front of the front bar for a motor mount
Grind a notch in the mount
What chassis is it?

Have seen guys grind the top of the weld down so the motor mount wouldn't sit cocked when it was on that section of the rail. This might affect the resale value of the chassis though. Best way is to just change the length of the chain like you were planning and rescale the kart

Didn't say it was the smartest thing to do lol just what I have seen some folks do in a pinch

Back