Mottville Speedway, Michigan

Prorookie34

Hope the rumors/facebook is true and everything works out awesome for getting a track in White Pigeon Michigan, maybe even this year. Fingers crossed, keep your eyes out, anyone interested.

Hope the rumors/facebook is true and everything works out awesome for getting a track in White Pigeon Michigan, maybe even this year. Fingers crossed, keep your eyes out, anyone interested.
Me and my dad raced there with are two strokes when we first started it’s a big fast track for karts!!!! what’s the rumor??

Me and my dad raced there with are two strokes when we first started it’s a big fast track for karts!!!! what’s the rumor??
Facebook says they are putting a kart track in the center of the asphalt track. Want to have it done for this year. They have a picture up. Looks more like a bull ring to me. (The kart track)

Last edited:
Facebook says they are putting a kart track in the center of the asphalt track. Want to have it done for this year. They have a picture up. Looks more like a bull ring to me. (The kart track)
oh ok well we use to race on the big car track in the early 2000s but that’s awesome hopefully everything does work out

That's good to hear. If they open up sounds like a good deal for all of us north of indy.

I check their facebook everyday and have friends who know the new owner. I will encourage them to post on here and if I see anything I will post updates if no one else does.

Reactions: Neo
is that dirt or asphalt?
It will be a dirt bull ring in the center of a small asphalt track, if things work out. Been told in a similar situation that the dirt track will blow dirt on the asphalt track and screw the whole deal up, but we'll see what their plan is shortly.

They just said on their facebook, it will be Friday nights and everything is looking good so far. The track has been approved to host kart racing. Should have another update shortly

Yep I just listened to the announcement. Said they have to do some work to the big car track but the kart track is a go. So I guess they are taking over M40 this year as well

Back in the mid 1980's we were running at Southwest and at Kalamazoo speedways with our 100cc 2 cycle karts. We were in about 5-6 shows a year in the program with the cars. The owner loved us because it helped fill the stands. We always put on a good show and were asked back a lot. Then the LTO's came out and no one came back with their flat karts. It was a fun 3 year run with great memories.

Back in the mid 1980's we were running at Southwest and at Kalamazoo speedways with our 100cc 2 cycle karts. We were in about 5-6 shows a year in the program with the cars. The owner loved us because it helped fill the stands. We always put on a good show and were asked back a lot. Then the LTO's came out and no one came back with their flat karts. It was a fun 3 year run with great memories.
They still do that with the MACK series around here. Sounds awesome! This will be ran separately from the big cars/track. I think what these big tracks FAIL to realize is, what happens when a kart racer gets enough funds to afford a big car? They buy it. Kart racers become nascar drivers,so they certaintly become Saturday night latemodel and sprint car drivers. Every big car track should have a small track. They go together like peanut butter and jelly.

What and where was southwest speedway???

Speaking of MACKS, I believe they have a great series. I bought a champ this winter with hopes of running it at Angola. I’m only about 10 minutes from the track but they didn’t schedule Angola this year unfortunately

This is what I looked like in 1985

Attachments

• img20230317_18444471.jpg
    img20230317_18444471.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 44
Back