Mounting a KT100 on a 4 cycle chassis

JChimbolo

I have a 012 Bandit sprint chassis and was being offered a KT100 engine.

What is needed to mount this all up? I have a bully clutch off an animal, will that work? 1.1/4 axel.

What catalog or company could I order from that would be able to help with the right parts to order from. Who would be knowledgeable about the swap.

not much of a swap. first is it a pipe engine or a can with 3 or 4 holes on the exhaust.
If its got a pipe or expansion chamber you will need a jackshaft and mount .
Buller is the first that comes to mind.
The engine needs a mounting plate typically it has 4 holes to bolt too engine and 2 studs that go to the chassis jackshaft mount.
post in the forsale section what you need there is always something avalible.
if its a can you need or can use a burris mount the clutch will be on the engine in this case witch require a special clutch for the kt.
sounds complicated but in reality its pretty simple.

Get an angled mount and the Comet Kart Sales Patriot Clutch and you're in business... (EDITED - didn't see "sprint")

You would be well served to just sell the bully and get either a 2disk horstman hdc or 2disk L&T clutch. You'll want a 5 degree mount with a third bearing support. I got a used horstman in a buyout that will bolt right on if you're interested. I have personally ran a Yamaha on an 02 bandit kart. It's pretty simple. Message me if you have any questions.

I have a 012 Bandit sprint chassis and was being offered a KT100 engine.

What is needed to mount this all up? I have a bully clutch off an animal, will that work? 1.1/4 axel.
Is the clutch for a 3/4" straight shaft or a tapered shaft? KT's haven't come with the straight PTO side crankshaft for over 35 years.

2 cycle engines all have tapered PTO side crankshafts.

I've never seen a Sprint track where a jackshaft is needed, but if you're going to use one, you might find one with a straight, 3/4", clutch side shaft.

Al, I've yet to see an Animal (which he stated the clutch was from) ever have a tapered shaft for karting. Also, not true that 2 cycle engines ALL have tapered PTO side crankshafts. For karting, the US820 can come in 3/4" straight shaft or 5/8" to 9/16" stepped cranks. There is also a plethora of other 2 cycles in applications w/o tapered cranks.

Back