MPH question????

NHRA has a speed trap and posts MPH because that's what average fans can relate to. The MPH part, not going over 300:)

When we are promoting our local track we throw out numbers for shifter karts. When we say it will go 0 - 60 in 3.5 seconds we get a few awwww's. When we throw out the top speed is 120 MPH we get mouths dropping open.

I guess it's a bit like golf, drive for show and putt for dough.

NHRA has a speed trap and posts MPH because that's what average fans can relate to. The MPH part, not going over 300:)

When we are promoting our local track we throw out numbers for shifter karts. When we say it will go 0 - 60 in 3.5 seconds we get a few awwww's. When we throw out the top speed is 120 MPH we get mouths dropping open.

I guess it's a bit like golf, drive for show and putt for dough.

Now we're talk'n 'my' language! There is a 'common-key' to Drag Racing and Golf......"Focus!" (BTW....last race; 'Clone' (9) '206' (8)...."gaining"

all i want to do is race! but the doctor and my wife says NO!!! already have to get the tendons/cartlidge/meniscal disc fixed in my left knee (day after tomorrow)....and that means NO RACING until at least October....enough damage that the doc says he's keeping me splinted up and in a brace until at least mid September....what a bummer!! and here you guys are talking clones 0 and 206's 8 and skusa racing....enough to make a grown man cry!! lol!! told my son that he could lift me into the kart and help get my leg braced.....his response? "ain't gonna get killed by momma for no damn kart racing!!"......

golf and racing? well both involve drivers... if a golfer hits and a driver steers, wouldn't the opposite be true? a golfer does steer his ball and then he hits it...and a some drivers hit anything in thier way and trys to say he steers his kart better than anyone else? golfers and drivers....both lie like a dog!! lol!!

if a golfer hits and a driver steers, wouldn't the opposite be true? A golfer does steer his ball and then he hits it...and a some drivers hit anything in thier way and trys to say he steers his kart better than anyone else? Golfers and drivers....both lie like a dog!! Lol!!

Now im really cornfused !!

Don't steers have horns ? Or are those handle bars ?

Now im really cornfused !!

Don't steers have horns ? Or are those handle bars ?
I've always felt it's kind of crude to make fun of peoples spelling, but some misspelled stuff does make you laugh. And how about that, "lie like a dog", shouldn't that be, "lie like a rug"? Never heard of a dog lying.

And yes I know, I'm bad, please forgive me.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

all i want to do is race! but the doctor and my wife says NO!!! already have to get the tendons/cartlidge/meniscal disc fixed in my left knee (day after tomorrow)....and that means NO RACING until at least October....enough damage that the doc says he's keeping me splinted up and in a brace until at least mid September....what a bummer!! and here you guys are talking clones 0 and 206's 8 and skusa racing....enough to make a grown man cry!! lol!! told my son that he could lift me into the kart and help get my leg braced.....his response? "ain't gonna get killed by momma for no damn kart racing!!"......

golf and racing? well both involve drivers... if a golfer hits and a driver steers, wouldn't the opposite be true? a golfer does steer his ball and then he hits it...and a some drivers hit anything in thier way and trys to say he steers his kart better than anyone else? golfers and drivers....both lie like a dog!! lol!!

One thing for sure Mikey...'We' non-drivers have 'more' time too Think!...LOL

I've always felt it's kind of crude to make fun of peoples spelling, but some misspelled stuff does make you laugh. And how about that, "lie like a dog", shouldn't that be, "lie like a rug"? Never heard of a dog lying.

You have Never seen the 'look' on my dogs face when I accuse him of getting into the Cat's food AL! LOL

I wasn't making fun of his spelling.... I was just building upon his story.... Tho I was confused by his sentence structure !! LMAO !!
Now... Im verifying my spelling !!

You have Never seen the 'look' on my dogs face when I accuse him of getting into the Cat's food AL! LOL
my point exactly, the look is an admission of guilt, not a lie!

left knee mike....and Jeremy says that he ain't gonna get hisself kilt by momma wif a thunderstick! (for non-rednecks, that's "he is not going to do anything that would cause his mother to chase him with a shotgun")....

and you ain't never heard of a dog lying? so you must believe them dogs always tell the truth? my three steal french-fries, cat treats and anything else that ain't nailed down...and then look at you like "what? it wasn't me!"....lyin mutts.....

next thing you'll be sayin is that it weren't the driver it was the track......

and I found out that golfers make good butchers and can count....I passed a golf course one day and a feller shouted "FOUR" and then yelled "Looked at that slice!!!"

course I ain't got no clue what this has to do with miles per hour...unless your name is miles......

I agree, I race on a 1/5 mile clay oval every weekend, lap times are anywhere from 11.4 on a good night to 12.2-12.5 on a bad night, running akra clones. My fastest lap there is 11.32, that was with everything perfect and dialed in, just flat out hooked up. 17+ secs sounds pretty slow
May I ask what track this is, just out of couriosity ???? The 1/5th mile I race on the Open 2 stroke guys are in the low 15's..... Is there banking to help keep you on the track cuz that seem pretty dang quick:)....

Back