Mychron 4 Lap Times

I have a mychron 4 that will not and has not ever read lap times. I emailed Aim but just wondering if there is a simple fix that I'm missing.

Every time i seen that issue its cause the obtruted time is set to high if you are say running 11 sec laps and it is set at 13 sec it wont get the lap times

I agree

If you go through the setup menu I believe the setting is "min lap time"

Set it to something like 6

The setting prevents multiple beacons from triggering a false lap time

A setting of 6 means at least 6 seconds must go by before reading another beacon

I just setup a friends tach and the default setting was two high from the factory

If its never read lap times you need to check a couple of things. Be sure that your minimum lap time setting is a couple of seconds under your quickest lap. Also be sure that the beacon receiver has a clear and unobstructed view to the trackside beacon and that the small eye is pointed at the beacon. Last thing is to remove the receiver from the back of the gauge and be sure that the connector has the proper orientation. There is a small indentation in the round metal end of the connector that has to point straight up to the 12 o'clock position. If all of those items are correct then you are going to need to send your gauge and receiver to us for repair.

AiM Sports SE
1636 B 9th Street SE
Roanoke, VA 24013-2700

MyChron Mike

Mine wasn't working either and it ended up that I had it set up on sprint mode instead of oval racing mode. And make sure that your beacon is facing the correct direction with the timer (either facing inside of the track or the outside of the track)

Everything is pointing right direction... Mychron 3 works fine, just the 4 won't. I'll check the lap time settings, could very well be that. Thanks for the help guys.

If your IR receiver is the triangular shaped one, remove the four screws and check to see if the plug got pulled out of the circuit board. VERY easy fix. Happens often.

I have a Mychron 3 with the floor pan mounted magnetic sensor. I checked the obscuring time and it was set at 39 seconds on a 42+ second sprint track. When I go out for a session, it will only trip two or three times- what could it be?

Back