Mychron 5 lateral page

Just wondering if someone can give me some help understanding this page within the mychron 5. Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• 20200713_195525.jpg
    20200713_195525.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 157
I take that as lateral g force, not sure if the scale is percentage of one g, but interesting none the less.
I don't own one so cannot speak with authority.
I can see a terrific reason to upgrade.

Nice graphic readout to think about problem areas.

Was this on a low grip track?
Banking on track?

Not trying to hijack your thread, so I hope someone who knows will chime in.

Last edited:
It's a asphalt track decent banking, never measured it, tight hairpin turns long straights, not sure on grip but we run yellow Vegas and have to run a white lr to get them to free up sometiems

Be interesting to know if gauge measures lateral force at 90 degrees to its mounting, or relative to gravity.

With banking, g forces are angled perpendicular to line thru the center of the earth.

Be interesting to know if gauge measures lateral force at 90 degrees to its mounting, or relative to gravity.

With banking, g forces are angled perpendicular to line thru the center of the earth.
It’s 90 degrees from the tach, or straight out the right side of the kart, for how most people mount it.

the units of the numbers you are seeing are in feet/sec^2. One G is about 32.2 f/sec^2. So, 67.8 is some pretty serious grip! You are pulling over 2 g’s at that point!

Its another tool in your arsenal to use for track info. Keep track of the info, then reference the info for later use to get an idea of how good or bad track is. On dirt you can also use to compare tires, and keep track of what tire worked best for you.
Just another tool when used, no different than looking at the RPMs, more info to learn from possible.

(Total wieght x cgh) ÷wheelbase)x g force. Is the formula for finding how much wieght is transferred. On dirt I'm pull around 1g(32 to 38 on mychron). I have never seen any tire loading data for r/s tires . I would like to use that data to set I/s wieght

The numbers are in ft/sec Squared
1 G = 32 Ft/sec Squared
Tire durometer data, this screen and lap times can give you pretty good insight into track tendencies

Back