Mychron 5 Mounting

I don't want to waste people's time, but did a few searches, and still didn't find an answer. Where would be the best place to mount a Mychron on my 9yr. old's Rage champ kart? Knowing him, I want it completely out of his view or he will be trying to look at it. I've seen them on the side bars or the rear of the cage. Anyone have suggestions? Probably going to order a bracket and wanted check here first.

I think you answered your own question. Just mount it so it won't get damaged in the case that he rolls it.

I prefer to mount it right where it needs to be, then simply cover the screen with some gaffer tape so he's not staring at it.
If you introduce the gauge where it should have been mounted at a later time, he'll all the sudden become fixated on it.

Just explain to him the purpose for having the gauge, and that he's not responsible for watching that gauge or reacting to it. Set the limits high so that it won't flash if you are concerned about that. Explain to him that it records all the information that you need and you will look at it in the pit area.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I mounted our mychron right above the engine out of my son's line of site the first couple of years driving. I ended up attaching the mychron to an old rear seat strut and mounting directly to the cage.

On my kids flat karts I use a seat strut, bend the top 90 degrees over, and mount it right in front of the engine. I'm not sure if there is room on a champ but it works good on the flat karts

On my kids flat karts I use a seat strut, bend the top 90 degrees over, and mount it right in front of the engine. I'm not sure if there is room on a champ but it works good on the flat karts
doesn't sound very good if kart flips or that strut hits something or the driver IMO.

Only an inch or so is bent so the mychron has a hole to bolt to. Works very well, is out of the way, not in the drivers view, and the issues you mentioned aren't a factor with the height & placement

Mount would be right at hip level in front of the engine .
There's already a strut there . Engine , nerf and seat provide protection.
One down side , the right front throws a lot of debris .
Mount it wherever the mounting brkt allows .
That is convenient and suits your needs .

Back