Mychron4 for dummies?

Yakattack

I have tried everything and Can not get my Mychron 4 to read or record lap times, or number of laps! It has the CHT, and the optical receiver. It is mounted high enough to pick up the transmitter, and have tried new batteries already.

Does anyone have a simple tutorial or setup sheet on how to do this...
I have reads Aims site till I am blue in the face, my Dad and neighbor, and friends all have tried to figure it out?
It should be simple...what am I missing...

Thanx

I have not been able to pick up lap times yet...went through wizard, configuration... Set everything as per instructions.
And yes to the sensor pointing at the beacon...
I know it is something small I am missing...

Thanx

same problem for us, worked fine last year. just went out an ck'ed min lap times 5sec. so that's not the problem. was at different track couple weeks ago an it worked fine.

Send it to aims. Mine was doing the same, they found a loose wire, fixed it for free. All I paid was shipping, to and from. About 23.00 total

Her lately there has been several people at the track havin issues picking up lap times worked fine almost all the time last year. But, this year it's about 50/50 wether you'll get them or not. I've had my two karts and one will pick up and the other won't, both set up the same way. Then some set up different than mine not working either. I'm almost thinking the beacon is too low. Need to try a few different methods and see which works. I'm thinking it's placement of the IR on the tach can't be mounted up around the farring at our track. Needs to be mounted just below it. This is just for our track, beacon height at the track will determine the height if your IR on your tach.

Or it could very well be as the post above.

Weak tach battery can cause this. If it's sporadically taking lap times, the beacon could be in a passing zone.

If it's the older style optical pick up on the kart, the wire has possibly be became unplugged or moisture on the inside of the lens. Just unscrew the screw's on the bottom and inspect.

New pick ups aren't prone to those issues, but if overtightened with their one hole can mess up their "aim" towards the beacon.

Just some possibilities.

As far as set up wizard, make sure it's set up for optical, not magnetic.

Her lately there has been several people at the track havin issues picking up lap times worked fine almost all the time last year. But, this year it's about 50/50 wether you'll get them or not. I've had my two karts and one will pick up and the other won't, both set up the same way. Then some set up different than mine not working either. I'm almost thinking the beacon is too low. Need to try a few different methods and see which works. I'm thinking it's placement of the IR on the tach can't be mounted up around the farring at our track. Needs to be mounted just below it. This is just for our track, beacon height at the track will determine the height if your IR on your tach.

Or it could very well be as the post above.

In your case your knee might be blocking the line of sight between the beacon and the receiver, we have our receiver mounted on top of the faring for that reason.

JMTC

set up for optical or magnetic???
it does not give me a choice!!!
I know it is a optical receiver... but the only choice I have on the configuration is number of magnetic strips between 1-5... no choice other than that for receiver...

In your case your knee might be blocking the line of sight between the beacon and the receiver, we have our receiver mounted on top of the faring for that reason.

JMTC
My leg can't block it where it's mounted. Tried mounting it on top with same results. Which is why I think the beacon might be too low.

Went back and checked, ours asks so we can select optical/magnetic or gps, sorry.

I know mychron's at the track trouble shooting is to wave a beacon directly in front of the receiver. If it doesn't pickup, firmware update then repeat. They also ask to insure you replaced batteries. While doing this.

Back