MyChron4 RPM Wiring

USOffRoad

Ok.. so I received a used MyChron4 from a member here and I've read over the docs from AIM about attaching the wire to the spark plug lead for RPM....but nowhere does it say anything about where the other end of the wire attaches to the unit, there is no port, no label for RPM/Tach...and it shows some sort of double back clamp/clip to thread the wire through and attach to the lead.. but none came with the unit. Should the wire be stripped at some point or do you leave the insulation on it end to end? I've searched and searched but I'm stumped about something that is probably very basic... so where in the $#@k does the wire attach to the Mychron????

The CHT and optical sensor are pretty straight forward.

If I could post a freakin' attachment here I'd show you exactly what I'm talking about.

No there is a small slit in the bottom left corner next to the other lead connections. Insert it in one side and loop out the other in a u shape.

Thank you... I saw that and wondered if that was the case.. you would think that would be noted in the docs or on the unit or something but I guess it's top secret. Now.. I wonder if I need to order a lead clamp for the wire or just wrap and tape or ?

Nope just a dumb redkneck who has two kids that just started racing and luckily the previous owner of our equipment had wired it... lol I like your description better let’s go with that! Just passing on stuff as it’s passed to me!

Do not strip either end of the wire.
Wrap plug wire three or four times , zip tie or tape. The clip can be ordered .

Back