Need help on rims!

harley1720

Hey guys lost my rim sizes! What size rims for a set of Maxxis with right side pink 900's?? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

still learning, so to get a little more or a little less, wheel circumference (stagger) you use the same tire with a rim that is narrower or wider... so as listed above 6 or 6.5 wide rim as i understand it, will make a wheel say larger then say an 8 wide rim... assuming this to be true, this is why we have lots of wheels.. how many different widths of rims are there out there..

More than you would want us to list here - a good investment in the future is to get a J.C. Specialty catalog; it is a good reference, as well as a great source for parts you can't get locally, and it will give you things like lists of available rim widths without having to rely on memory.

Another hint: when you get old like me you forget things; keep a good log book on your kart and what equipment like rim widths and tire sizes and what adjustments you throw on it at each race, along with a notes on what that adjustment did, good OR bad. Just my thoughts; YMMV.

Different rim widths don't always work, you will need to learn how to stretch or shrink them. Research it, there are several ideas of how to do it.

Good advice from Jack. Its easier to stretch a tire sometimes than to take the time to change wheels. Shrinking them is a little more complicated and time consuming sometimes but not always. A good hotbox is necessary for any good tire program

Back