Need Help with a 2010 Nissan Rogue

AnimalRacerPA

Last month the Rogue started bucking and acting funny under acceleration. No Engine light came on. Put some STP fuel treatment in it and it straightend it out. Last Thursday it did it agian. This time an engine light came on. But the car was still running. Sat in the garage over night, then Friday morning I started it up let it warm up went to back it out of the driveway and it died. Now its a 2010 so we got 2 years ago so I got a extended warranty. So I didnt do anything with the car and had it towed to the dealer.
The dealer changed out some senors and then told me it didnt have any codes stored. Said they needed to drop the tank and empty it out because I got contaminated fuel. Wanted to charge me $500 to do it. I didnt think that was the problem and I wasnt going to pay them for something I could do. I got the Rogue home and did some checking myself. The code was cleared (im guessing by the tech) . Long story short emptied the tank, cleaned it. Ended up replacing the fuel pump. Ths helped because now the car runs. It took a few tries and some cranking. It runs really rough and has a miss. When it first started I got a few error codes and a check engine light. Codes were P0101 (Mass Air Flow Circuit out of Range), P0102 ( Mass Air Flow Circuit Low), P0300 (Random Cylinder Misfire) and P0113 (Intake Air Temp. Circuit High). I also pulled all the plugs and checked the gap. You could see the car is running lean but the gap and plugs looked good. The car idles and runs rough but it runs by itself with no help from me or the gas pedal. While it was idling though I smelled a rotten egg smell. I unplugged the MAF senor the the car seemed to run a little better but nothing mind blowing. So Im at a loss of where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated

P0101, P0102, & P0113 codes all have same probable causes

sensor or solenoid faulty
Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
Wire harness - check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
update control unit software - check for the latest control unit update
Powertrain or Enginge Control Module faulty

P0300
Vaccum leaks, damaged hoses or improper routing
Fuel contamination
Ignition system - Ignition module, coil, spark plugs and wires
Fuel System

Tim, sounds like it is a bad mass air flow sensor. It can cuase the missfires as well as the rough running. Does it accelerate good, or does it haVve a lack of power on full throttle?

I just got it running yesterday and havent taken it out on the road. Didnt want to have to get it towed home. Going down the driveway and the street out front it seems to have a hesitation when you accelerate

Ok You guys that said Mass Air flow were dead on. JC79 hit the nail on the head. I bought the mass air flow cleaner today, sprayed it and a spider fell out. No bigger then an 1/8". Im not kidding. The spider fell out let the sensor dry replaced it. Bang it started right up. Running Perfectly. JC79 Thank you very very much saved me a lot of money at a dealership. Bobs has the best users. Thank you guys again for the help

Glad I could help, seen it many times, you wouldnt think a bug or anything like that would get past the air filter but it happens and drives the car nuts

Back