need help with older dyno

sem inc

Can anyone help with answering questions on getting an older dyno up and running. It's a GO POWER, model DY-7D.

First question to start with is water inlet. Instructions say "typical city garden hose supply and pressure" but the inlet is only like a 1/4" id. It says to use a valve to control the water flow. So do I just need to find adaptors that will screw in to a garden hose and reduce down to the small inlet size?

KEYS just find any adapter that will allow you to connect a garden hose to the water inlet side. I doubt you will find the female half of the connector that came on the Go
Power unit. The know on the side of the Council is what controls the water flow and therefor the load placed on the motor by the dyno. I have an old Go Power unit that I pieced together about 45 years ago, don't use it any more. I do have an original manual from Go Power if your interested for $20 plus postage I'll make a copy for you. It is tells you every thing you need to know to use the dyno,it is about 30 pages. If you have any questions let me know.
Jim

Back