Need opinions

Local track blue plate class with fast kids, 12 karts show up to race. Run 2 sets of 2 heat races with second set being inverted from first 6 karts in each heat. There’s a couple slower kids that get lapped and have trouble holding there line. Track calls up parents of blue plate kids. wanting to run separate features for safety reasons. Wanting to run karts chasing points in one class and not in another. A few parents for it a few absolutely against it and a few whatever you want to do.they end up splitting it Kart finished 3rd in both heats gets put in the second feature starting 2nd. Run the race lap every kart and win. Check lap times was close to the winner of first feature and better that second place of first feature. Go to payout window 1st feature winner gets $80 second feature winner “ oh we’re not giving anything for the second feature just the first. What’s your thoughts?
I don’t think they should’ve ever been separated to start with they need to learn to lap karts. Second i think it’s wrong to split classes pay one then not the other. Talked to the owner they don’t think anything was wrong with it. I stated my opinion and have been asked not to come back. Now I have no affiliation with this kart besides knowing who they are, being parked beside them and trying to help the kid out when asked about tires or something. Was I in the wrong for speaking up when I feel a kid was wronged?

They should have never been split in the first place with only 12 karts , maybe if they had 24 , and then should have equal payout . Maybe the track would rather have just 3 karts , after everyone stops going to the track . There should have been equal payouts regardless . Kuddo's for you to speak up , and yes the second feature racers were wronged .
Every racer has to start somewhere and get seat time to work on improving their racing abilities .

I am curious, what happened in the heats to put you in the B Main? There is the root of your problem.

I am curious, what happened in the heats to put you in the B Main? There is the root of your problem.
Not really sure, ran 3rd in both heats. Said there were some slow karts they didn’t want the people running for points running against and they was splitting the features 6 in each For safety reasons

Back