Need something stronger then venom black

jernie21

Been on venom a long time and like the product but it don't seem to be strong enough. The track I'm running has a lot of sand in it and requires a lot of bite. I'm having to put 5 to 6 good coats of black on at the track to get the bite I need and I'm racing 2 classes with 2 different sets of tires so I'm having to use about 3/4 of a qt throughout the night each weekend. Any help is greatly appreciated

That is 5 to 6 coats before heats and before features.. Using 3 or 4 coats of red during the week leaving 2 or 3 days to cure.. On yellow Vegas around 35

for a 35 duro black wouldnt be my choice id be using blue late in the week, and cut the red with acrsyol and increase the number of coats
3 coats of red Mon. and Tue, nothing Wed. then 3 coats of blue Thur. and fri.
All light coats and allow to dry between coats, then try 1/3 black-1/3 blue-1/3 acrysol mix for a PRW

xxx#40 that is what has helped us alot. And I can see more consistent lap times and as the race nears the end we are not falling off.

I would go with what XXX said, and would try blue and black 50/50 at the track as a PRW, that works well for me. I have used blue at the track as a PRW also when the track has moisture or is dry slick. You said you race on a sandy type track, have you used black sand during the week to get the bite you need? That works pretty well for adding alot of bite to the tires without dropping the duro but it needs more time to cure. With the track your describing, i wouldnt hesitate to try black sand during the week and either venom black or blue/black 50/50 at the track

Just needing to add bite. I will try cutting the red and try the blue/black mixture. Thanks

I would follow XXX's directions. I have also found at the track if its dry/sandy and im looking for more bite I will add a little bit of Venom soak to my Venom Black/Acrsyol mix (50/50) . A little goes a long way.

the black/blue mix works pretty good, ive also mixed blue, acrysol, and a touch of krug and creo and had success. depends on the exact conditions and sand content

Trac tac knows. The soak is something like goat to all of us but not so harmful to the tire. Black is not meant to drop a tire from the 60 to the 30s. Soak will take a tire from 50 down to mid 30s with some heat. If nothing else check with Kevin Bishop. Look him up on FB.

He didn't mention we rolled Venom green on the inside originally to get the duro down close, then use black/acrysol to add bite.

common misconception, an at the track prep is generally to add bite, not to soften, that should be done well before race day and cured. the pre race wipes mostly are gone several laps into it, hence why its a pre race wipe and needs to be applied every time you hit the track, so the amount of points dropped doesn't really apply to PRW, just focus on bite and how much the track has, and how much you need.

Back