nemesis setup

intimidator3

I am racing a really small sharp cornered track with a little banking, but not much. The problem I am having is my kart is breaking loose. When the track is tacky it is super fast, but the track is usually dry. I have tried multiple changes with not much change. If I get touched by another kart it just wants to break loose. Any ideas on what could be causing this or things to try.

Post up your current setup, it will help others get you running.
Front %
Left %
Cross
Front stagger
Rear stagger
Camber
Caster
Toe setting

Sorry about the delay
left % 54.6
Front% 44.4
cross% 61.0
Right% 45.5
front stagger 1 3/4
REAR stagger 1 1/4
TOE out 1/8
I don't know my caster and camber. I don't have the stuff to check it.

I break loose anywhere if someone touches me but it does it on its own as soon as I start to exit corner. Right past the center of corner.

Sorry about the delay
left % 54.6
Front% 44.4
cross% 61.0
Right% 45.5
front stagger 1 3/4
REAR stagger 1 1/4
TOE out 1/8
I don't know my caster and camber. I don't have the stuff to check it.

If you can't check your camber, I'd almost be willing to bet that some of your problem is stemming from the camber being set incorrectly.

If the kart is good when the track is tacky and gets worse as the track dries, it sounds to me like you need to adjust your tire program along with the track. You have to keep up with track changes and switch to another set of tires if necessary.

By looking at your numbers, though, I'd be very tempted to drop your stagger. I'd probably run something more like 1-3/8" front and 1" rear stagger. You could also try adding cross.

On stagger, I'd look at your track size. If it's 1/5 or so I'd drop it to 1". If it's much under 1/5 mile I'd leave it and look to the camber. In general I'd want the LF very nearly straight up and down (or maybe the very slightest outward lean) and the Rf leaning inward a fair bit (-3 degrees or so). In the absence of a gauge to check it just eyeball it.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

There is an APP for phones that can be used for caster and camber if your in a bind or dont have a gauge. It is called IHandy level (FREE). once you download it, you need to zero it on a level surface (very important to be on a level surface when zeroing) . once it is level, put the phone upright against your caster block and BAM there is your caster. I have checked it with a caster gauge and is actually very accurate.

go to sears and get a digital level. works for camber also just make sure your rims are good. i run low cross on the nemi and low left side on short tracks with no banking. prep during the week for a dusty track, venom bite works good, black sand also.

If the track is dry and lacking grip should I consider softer tires or harder tires?

You may not necessarily need to be harder or softer, in a case like that, you need more bite in your tires. Remember, a softer tire doesn't always mean more grip!

Ok when you say add cross, what is your recomendations on adjusting cross. I have been adjusting the washers from top to bottom and vice versa on my front. Is there any other way to adjust cross or what I am trying to say is, what is the best way to adjust it? Seat? Weight? Rear axle height?

Maybe someone will chime in and know where the rear axle settings need to be on your Nemesis. Adjust cross with front washers. Most don't recommend using rear axle for cross adjustment.

Back