Nemesis Steering Quickness

mhall_33

I think we about have these chassis figured out... well at least one of them. Can you all give me some suggestions to slow the steering down? I will list setup info below for this particular chassis. If you so much as breath on the wheel it wants to dart left or right. Makes it very difficult to control. It's really fast but hard to control especially in traffic

Front: 44.2
Left: 54.0
Cross: 61
Camber +.5 / -2.75
Castor 7 / 10
Tie rods in rear holes on control arms
Rear track at 39.25
Stagger 1.125 Font / 1.00 rear ( have tried going to .875)

Last edited:
Always ran the right side tie rod in the middle hole, but I think your caster is too low like LTG stated.

Check your toe setting as well. We ran a nemesis 2003-2004 and it gave us problems darting if the toe got out of spec. If I remember correctly the toe had gotten bumped in during a race and we didn't catch it before the next time out. And it was at Possum Kingdom...high speed, long straights and plenty of chances to dart.

Thanks guys. I had the castor at 8 / 12 and it still did it. Think we will try 10 /13 or something like that and increase the toe. Toe right now is 1 /16"

Still should go to 1 3/8" front stagger as well as that affects caster trail. 45% nose will steady the steering wheel, and keep the toe at 1/16" out on the rf.

OK I am back again with this issue. I tried increasing the castor 10/14. Also increased negative RF camber. Played with the stagger and so far nothing has changed the "twitchy" or "darting" feeling this thing has. This is a team mates kart and last night I was able to get in it and turn some laps myself. It's fast... Really fast. I was able to turn laps that would have put it on the pole for last nights race by about .2. The problem is it's really undriveable. If you hit a bump in the track and you move the wheel ever so much it wants to go whichever direction steering input is given. We really started looking at things after we put it back in the trailer last night and so I have some questions to see if there might be other issues causing this.

We noticed last night that the front bumper and nose piece are very tight. Not loose like on my Nemesis or another teammates U Max. I am also wondering if it might have the wrong or bent spindles and if so are there any specific identifying marks on them to let me know if they are correct? Any other suggestions for me to look at?

which holes do you have the tie rods mounted to on the spindle, whats the toe set at and how big is the steering wheel?

which holes do you have the tie rods mounted to on the spindle, whats the toe set at and how big is the steering wheel?

Tie rods are in the rear holes furthest from the kingpin. Toe is straight up on the LF and out 1/8 on the RF. I haven't measure the wheel, but it's the same one that is on the other Nemi we have.

Back