New 69730 vs Old 69730

astrowrench

Morning: I spent 4 hours yesterday with a friend who is Mgr; at a HF store, went thru 36 engines;The only sure way to tell the difference between a new series (big valve,big port, 730) is IF YOU look carefully at the box on the specs it says the MAX Rpm is 3800 not 3600 also,most boxes say EPA&CARB Friendly;From talking with him 68120s are gone;And HEMIS------well if you want one YOU better get it Now!!!!! This is in CT.now we have to wait and see what happens in the real world.

Another way to tell the 2 69730 engines apart is the valve cover, the new 69730 with the rtc-6 heads have a valve cover with strait top and bottom lip like the clones have, while old 69730's have a rounded lip on the valve cover and head, so clone valve covers will not fit these.

So what.

I see these different heads on all kinds of things.

The PA 208 uses the big port big valve head.

Tool Town has Gen 2 predator with a big valve head sold under the BE brand name.

If you want it someone else probably has it.
This does not take into consideration that someone in China has tooling and time on his hands.

So which 69730 do I have sitting on this pile of 60363's ?..

thats the older style 69730, notice the rounded top and bottom lip of nthe valve cover comparred to the clone cover right above it. The clone cover wont fit those, but will fit the new styyle 73 with the RTC-6 heads

nice sneakers!! thing about the rtc-6 is not only the bigger valves, but the head casting overall....nice big runners that only need to be touched to clean up the sharp edges and the shape of the chamber is also good...it actually looks smaller than the rtc-4 shown...i haven't pulled the other rtc-6 off the stock engine yet, but when i do i'll get a pic and post it, unless someone else has one....

bottom line is that i like the direction that the predator engines is going...just wish that they would do us all a favor and couple the rtc-6 head with the hemi bottom end! that would be a great motor....

one question that i have....has anyone checked the "in-da-hole" on the hemi? i am trying to figure out if a 20 over rod would put me too high or right at near zero deck height.....i know that all engines may be different, but jsut want to know opinions.....

Back