New 69730 vs Old 69730

nice sneakers!! thing about the rtc-6 is not only the bigger valves, but the head casting overall....nice big runners that only need to be touched to clean up the sharp edges and the shape of the chamber is also good...it actually looks smaller than the rtc-4 shown...i haven't pulled the other rtc-6 off the stock engine yet, but when i do i'll get a pic and post it, unless someone else has one....

bottom line is that i like the direction that the predator engines is going...just wish that they would do us all a favor and couple the rtc-6 head with the hemi bottom end! that would be a great motor....

one question that i have....has anyone checked the "in-da-hole" on the hemi? i am trying to figure out if a 20 over rod would put me too high or right at near zero deck height.....i know that all engines may be different, but jsut want to know opinions.....
Go with the longest rod you can get and turn the piston down too where you want it, mikey!

nice sneakers!! thing about the rtc-6 is not only the bigger valves, but the head casting overall....nice big runners that only need to be touched to clean up the sharp edges and the shape of the chamber is also good...it actually looks smaller than the rtc-4 shown...i haven't pulled the other rtc-6 off the stock engine yet, but when i do i'll get a pic and post it, unless someone else has one....

bottom line is that i like the direction that the predator engines is going...just wish that they would do us all a favor and couple the rtc-6 head with the hemi bottom end! that would be a great motor....

one question that i have....has anyone checked the "in-da-hole" on the hemi? i am trying to figure out if a 20 over rod would put me too high or right at near zero deck height.....i know that all engines may be different, but jsut want to know opinions.....
Using the Arc .020" long rod with stock flattop will put you .005"-.001" . But the .040" firering gasket makes everything clear ...

My Hemi is about .024" in the hole. I'm probably going to go .020 over Rod and run a thicker head gasket than I usually do to get the clearance I need. I'm not going back to small block but the loaner kart needs something to power it lol:)

Just called my local HF, no 363's in stock and no more coming:(
Looks like the end of the Hemi at least thru harbor freight. I've heard this is a Lonkin motor and that there are other sources though.

Just called my local HF, no 363's in stock and no more coming:(
Looks like the end of the Hemi at least thru harbor freight. I've heard this is a Lonkin motor and that there are other sources though.
I know where (3) of them are! If somebody wants them....PM me.

I bought a PA 208 and that head is casting number Jt-12-05-140.
27-25 valves with larger than stock Honda ports.
What head is this then?

Also the top of the chamber is deeper than a typical clone or Honda head.

I thought this looks very interesting.
Maybe I will recycle the G201FA valves into this head because I like the intake valve on that over this one ( looks better machined, has a lash cap )

I'm not fussy on the head machining though, its a little too shiny and this makes me wonder about the tooling they used.
Perfectly good head however...

I think you fellows in the USA are getting way to worked up over who made what head and numbers.
I think there is an awful pile of these heads ( all mentioned ) in some warehouse in China.
They do not like to sit on parts these days, nor do they make limited runs of oddball things for no good reason.

I think a little relax and wait while someone finds the right supplier and more heads come in would do your blood pressure well.

One thing I notice.
Sneaks head has an extra dowel pin recess on the lower right.
Mine looks the same with the recess lower left.

My 208 block has all 4 holes drilled for dowel pins.

Has anyone encountered a gasket that uses any of these?

But its bigger than 27mm lol

Is that 28.5 and 25mm valves Gary? What size valves did the RTC4 come with stock? I have not seen those heads yet, im curious as to how the intake and exhaust ports look, are they bigger than the clone heads, like mikey mentioned? The RTC-6 head I have that came on a new 69730 has huge ports in the intake and exhaust both, along with 5mm valve stems like mikeys head, and these heads come stock with billet retainers and split keepers. The 5mm valve stems actually aren't as weak as I thought, I put the engine together and ran it around the house on my kart, and gave it hell for about 30 minutes on the open road also, turning about 6800, and the valves held up perfect, they even still look brand new.

thanks weddle!!! i was wodnering about using the stock valves. yes, the rtc-6 casting is a great head for what we want. if you can get away with it, swapping this head out when you have a no touch rule would work wonders to wake the engine up. i have noticed a little bit of casting flash, but more sharp edges than flash. i'm getting my head back today from the machine shop (milled .040) and will be working on the head runners to get rid of the edges and smooth the flow.

winston...it isn't that we get worked up over the heads, its more getting and taking advantage of what parts are available. this head (the rtc-6) requires less work/machining that say the normal 196 clone head. if i can spend $40 getting the head milled and then smooth the edges myself, it saves me money....whereas if i take the normal 196 head, i'd have to mill it, then cut it for bigger valves, buy new valve seats, then port and polish......why go through that when i can get a head with most of this already done? the other thing is that tracks are going to the predator engine class and keeping it relatively low cost...so again, hunting for the right parts to use can be a big advantage....and i'll take any advantage that i can get!

Yes Weddle Racing , 28.5's and 25mm . I have yet to dyno it. I believe it was a 25/24 because I had to replace the seat . A 27mm usually can be milled to except the 28.5's..And Mikey56 brings up the best reason to buy the Predator motors. It simply costs less per HP as compared to a 196..I can get to 12hp for $99 + $150 = $249 . I can get to 15hp for $99 + $235 = $334 and a 18hp for under $500...

Where can I find this thick gasket for the Hemi head Predator? I'd like to do this to mine.

smallenginecams.com has them for any bore size wanted

I have a Hemi head I would trade for a rtc-6. My head is complete never ran new take off. Just throwing this out if anyone is interested.

Back