New Burris Tires

I got some in December in a points banquet. I would personally wait till April that way your tires are fresh for the year. no need to rush to get 23 tires marked as 24s

2024s won't be made until 2024 and will be date coded as such. They generally make a huge run of kart tires in January and are released just in time for the OVKA show each year (sometimes a week or two before, sometimes a day or two before.) This year's show is Feb 3rd - always the first Saturday in February. It's always interesting to see who has sets of cut tires and who doesn't when we get to that show.

If it's like in the past few years, don't wait to get them all in April - if there is a shortage, you'll be stuck without, and if you're waiting on your tire guy to get to them, he may easily be backed up 4-6 weeks on work at that point of the season.

My suggestion is to pick up a few sets through the preseason winter months, then grab a fresh set or two as you can get them in the spring.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

2024s won't be made until 2024 and will be date coded as such. They generally make a huge run of kart tires in January and are released just in time for the OVKA show each year (sometimes a week or two before, sometimes a day or two before.) This year's show is Feb 3rd - always the first Saturday in February. It's always interesting to see who has sets of cut tires and who doesn't when we get to that show.

If it's like in the past few years, don't wait to get them all in April - if there is a shortage, you'll be stuck without, and if you're waiting on your tire guy to get to them, he may easily be backed up 4-6 weeks on work at that point of the season.

My suggestion is to pick up a few sets through the preseason winter months, then grab a fresh set or two as you can get them in the spring.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I really appreciate all the information and advice Brian, thank you!

CCR has 6 sets of 2024 33A's cut and offered for sale today.
Correct!
IMG_8409.jpeg

was just going to post this LOL

last i checked it's November 2023. don't care what the date code says these are 2023 tires there has not been a shortage since covid. I'd wait if i were you and space your tires out. get sets throughout the year. newer tires work better when using the tire wash deal. you also get varying degrees of quality as well.
good luck

There are date codes on the tires that show the week that they were made -- I'm not just talking about the year stamped in the sidewall. The actual date codes mean little to you and I, it's just a way the manufacturer keeps track of their products.
These "2024" tires pictured were obviously made in 2023. LOL

We haven't had any big races that called for specific year tires over the last couple of years either, but when we did, the only thing they look at is the year stamped in the sidewall.
Releasing some 2024s early will be a very good thing - especially if we get back to certain tires being required to be run at big races and discovering that you need older/cured tires come race day.

was just going to post this LOL

last i checked it's November 2023. don't care what the date code says these are 2023 tires there has not been a shortage since covid. I'd wait if i were you and space your tires out. get sets throughout the year. newer tires work better when using the tire wash deal. you also get varying degrees of quality as well.
good luck
What do you mean when you say tire wash deal? Sorry, still new and learning.

What do you mean when you say tire wash deal? Sorry, still new and learning.
at some dry dusty tracks, the best prep is to use is tire wash/degreaser. it builds bite into the tire but is not oily and tends keep the tire from becoming dusty where it won't grip the track. many preps are oily and your tire will just slide on this type of track or collect dust and slide. the best tire to use in this situation IMO is a newer never prepped tire less than 6 months old. you should always have this type of tire and an aggressive tire at the ready.

Back