New Elevate wanting to push the RF all the time?

1fasttiller

Any of you guys fought a consistent RF push on exit with the new Elevate? We've ran cross everywhere from 66-70% and still seem to have it. Chassis is setup right in line Slacks setup guide for Adult heavy. Tracks are all SE- Florida and GA. I'm betting its tires, but we're pretty decent on our tire game and didn't fight it this bad with the Pursuit.

Are you confident the push is because the RF is over loaded ?
At this point not confident in anything lol, its plagued us more so with Vegas than Maxxis but even with Maxxis we've seen it. We just pulled RF Camber all the way down to 2* (from 2.5-2.75 per Nick at PMI) hoping that helps. I want to try more stagger in the rear but my tire guy disagrees thinking it will kill roll speed. We stay right at 7/8"-1-1/8" Kart will be bad fast for 4-5 laps then start pushing the RF on exit.

At this point not confident in anything lol, its plagued us more so with Vegas than Maxxis but even with Maxxis we've seen it. We just pulled RF Camber all the way down to 2* (from 2.5-2.75 per Nick at PMI) hoping that helps. I want to try more stagger in the rear but my tire guy disagrees thinking it will kill roll speed. We stay right at 7/8"-1-1/8" Kart will be bad fast for 4-5 laps then start pushing the RF on exit.
I'll see the whole slack gang meaning Nick , Josh, Keister, Graham, Tony and Missy, at Hunterstowns first Keystone series race on Saturday , I'll talk to them about it , Especially Keister , might wanta remind your tire guy lowering RF camber to only 2 * will take more roll speed out, than adding 1/4 " rear stagger would, your not running all tracks bigger than 1/5 mile are you .

Oh nice! Thank you. I'd love to hear some other opinions. Agreed on the camber and stagger... some battles I fight knowing I'll likely never win but hey, he sponsors my son and foots a large part of the bill so sometimes you have to bite your tongue! :)

Correct- Most tracks we run are 1/5 mile or less.

Oh nice! Thank you. I'd love to hear some other opinions. Agreed on the camber and stagger... some battles I fight knowing I'll likely never win but hey, he sponsors my son and foots a large part of the bill so sometimes you have to bite your tongue! :)

Correct- Most tracks we run are 1/5 mile or less.
Ya I hear ya , BUT he wan't to win also Other that real big tracks You CANNOT sacrifice good rotation, which maximizes momentum more by staying low on rear stagger , to worry about scrubbing speed on the straight's For sure on 1/5 mile tracks and smaller because there is very few true straight's, there called dirt oval's for a reason, Not dirt paper clips lol !!

Agreed! I'd prefer to stay at 1-1/4-1-1/2" stagger at all times. I'm hoping at this next FKS state race I can finally get to try it... ;)

Back