New in west tn

I was reading on here, junior and senior champs run the same kart for the most part 43" wheel base?

Then there is junior sportsman or baby size champ. 40" wheel base?

MARS rules don't say much about chassis just cage kart only.

I was reading on here, junior and senior champs run the same kart for the most part 43" wheel base?

Then there is junior sportsman or baby size champ. 40" wheel base?

MARS rules don't say much about chassis just cage kart only.

Jr Champ would be 13, 14, 15 yr old yes same as spec as Sr Champ , basic not exact breakdown WKA overlaps final yr of classes, Jr Sportsman I 7,8,9, yr old, Jr Sportsman II 10, 11,12 yr old are shorter wheel base , I know nothing about MARS rules but It's surprising they don't define it better they still need Insurance coverage to race.

The kart I got does have a 40 inch wheel base

Loosely measure axle to axle.

The pedals are on platforms on the floor and not the frame mounted pivots

Jr Champ would be 13, 14, 15 yr old yes same as spec as Sr Champ , basic not exact breakdown WKA overlaps final yr of classes, Jr Sportsman I 7,8,9, yr old, Jr Sportsman II 10, 11,12 yr old are shorter wheel base , I know nothing about MARS rules but It's surprising they don't define it better they still need Insurance coverage to race.

I cant see the OP's posts, hope he got a Jr Sportsman champ for his son, it's the correct kart for his age, I hope Mars isn't skirting the rules.

I cant see the OP's posts, hope he got a Jr Sportsman champ for his son, it's the correct kart for his age, I hope Mars isn't skirting the rules.

Yes Jamie he did get a Jr Sportsman Champ shorter wheel base, appreciate your concern which is all you were doing from the beginning.

Good, you know what I'm talking about, new guy buys without research shows up to race and gets told can't race.

Fully understand your like myself get a bum rap sometimes for being so direct, but yes I knew the scoop you were only pointing that out just looking out for his best interest just in case.

Yeah, my ignore list is growing, I made a promise when it got to 50 I'd walk away from this site, I'm at 42..

Don't sweat it just chuckle and let it go in one ear and out the other I had to learn to, most times NO response back sends more of a message than responding stooping to the same level, If all I have to do is deal with the directness to have access to the knowledge I'll suck it up, in the end you know your only trying to help.

Good, you know what I'm talking about, new guy buys without research shows up to race and gets told can't race.

Been there , show up at an Sprint track , setup for dirt had our ikf membership though . Still would not let us on track.

Chassis was cheap enough I figured why not

It is 40" from front axle to rear. 43" would be back of rear tire somewhere

The seat brackets I have are still some what short I think for my son to learn with. Right side was about 7.5 inches and mounted pretty high on the seat. Do you measure seat post brackets from weld to center of bolt hole or center of the tube it mounts to? Was told a local track can help me with these once we get up there.

Took my sons to eagles nest Saturday and they are both wanting to go at it. Maybe if the older one is are lucky, by the end of the season he'll get to try

Late back to this ballgame, but a champ kart with a 40" wheelbase doesn't sound like any Titan T3 I ever saw, and certainly not the one I owned, so disregard everything I said in post #4 above, which applies to a full sized Titan T3 champ, not a Jr Sportsman 1/II champ.

That having been said, at least it seems to be the a Jr Sportsman champ, which is the size the you need to support your son's racing through age 12.

The cage is defiantly not grown up sized. My head sticks out the top

Do most people remove the engine to service the oil since the motor mount is super slanted ?

I know where the drain plug is but your level on the dip stick is based on being level?

Or how many ounces are people normally putting in a clone and the gear box

Back