New predator break-in....ka-boom!! lol ISO: new pull start assembly

Mac_49

Had an absolute blast doing a track break-in on one of the builds and had a "spaced out" moment of not removing the starter assembly while running this build. Motor turns over 8k and after a while the starter finally said "NO MORE" and soon after exploded while running. Thought I had broke something serious until I realized the motor was still running lol. Took a moment to figure out what had broke but after I realized what it was my buddy and I were laughing about it.
So with that being said...starter nuts for 212's? That or suggestions on doing it like the flatheads where you just start it and with the starter not attached and take it off once running. Only question is will the starter basket take that many rpm's or will it eventually break again?

IMG_1532_zps0tj0i9ig.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would say faulty starter it must have stayed engaged. It should not matter how many RPM you turn as once it starts the recoil plays no role.

I would say faulty starter it must have stayed engaged. It should not matter how many RPM you turn as once it starts the recoil plays no role.

Alright so get a new starter and possibly spray it down with some sort of lubricant?

Back