New Speedway Motors Tack in Lincoln, NE

What is the status of this facility? I have heard from numerous sources now that a track is going in at the Abbott Sports Complex and will run karts, mini sprints, junior sprints and mini modifieds. Is rumored to be opening late summer. Anybody have any factual info on this facility?

I highly doubt they are going to put a go kart track in Lincoln the parks department don't even want the motocross track

IF the track does come to fruition...maybe they too can race on Friday nights, bc that appears to be the only night karts can race.

You don't think three tracks running on the same night in the same general area would help karting? I am no fortune teller, but the writing is on the wall for LSS if they don't permanently switch to Saturdays. Sometimes people have to swallow their ego and do what is best for the sport. I think the night we all went there last year we tripled the kart count in the rookie class. I would think if a new facility would open that they would run Saturday to pull all local karts and those that run on Friday in Hastings.

You don't think three tracks running on the same night in the same general area would help karting? I am no fortune teller, but the writing is on the wall for LSS if they don't permanently switch to Saturdays. Sometimes people have to swallow their ego and do what is best for the sport. I think the night we all went there last year we tripled the kart count in the rookie class. I would think if a new facility would open that they would run Saturday to pull all local karts and those that run on Friday in Hastings.
. I agree about the night Team Mini-E showed up to race. As I recall, we (well, not Team Birrnley ;) did fairly well in the rankings that night. My only real reservation about karts on Sat night is that a good number of karters also go to the "big car" races too that night. A Sunday show will compete w folks ramping up for Mon. Sat afternoons could get pretty toasty...Hot laps at 10:00am, racing at 11:00am, should be finished by 3:00 pm. I can't imagine that it would hurt LSSs kart turnout to try to shake things up a little. It would be so great to get seat time Fri AND Sat.

Sorry to hijack your thread...we should look at the calendar and try to get to Hastings on an off night at Mini E. The amateur class will be a solid group this year.

Back