New to kart racing

I am new to kart racing... Looking at some help with tires..spacing them out for chassis improvements to other little things to help the speed...??? Seem like loose ground on long runs...little loose off most my issues
Any info able to lend to get me with the pack..thanks a lot.

Wheel spacing should be set before scaling and pretty much left alone, make other adjustments to set up numbers and rear stagger, however If your LR is out to far or the RR it will cause loose condition, the fact that your New to karting is most likely your issue to much wheel input then snap loose.

Way to vague of a post for anyone to really help..

What chassis?
What tires?
Current setup numbers?
Dirt or asphalt?
Class?

Are you racing on dirt or pavement? Wheel adjustments can be opposite for one compared to the other.

If you know what make and model your chassis is, first try to contact the manufacturer - it probably can give you a good starting baseline setting, and may also tell you what to generally expect when you change settings. If you have a kart shop that knows your brand of chassis they might be able to help you too.

Moving your left rear out from the bearing will make the kart looser and will make it tighter the closer you move it in towards the bearing . This is just one adjustment that can be done to fine tune at the track , but everything should start in the shop before you get to the track . Tire stagger also has to be addressed as well . See what your manufacture has for basic settings , and get it on a set of scales to get it set . There are many older posts about how to do it on here , just ask google !!
Get to know some of the hot shoes racing at your track , and see if you can pick up some pointers , most of us are glad to help as much as we can .

If this is track racing then it would be dependant on either a) your series having a set choice of tyres or b)whatever you test and see you prefer. For 2 strokes, MAXXIS TYRES from Tal-ko are the best of the industry.

moving a left rear out loosening or moving in tighten is all dependent on the rest of your setup.
Moving it out lessens the effects of stagger, in vise versa
moving a wheel away from VCG slows weight transfer to and from that tire

If this is track racing then it would be dependant on either a) your series having a set choice of tyres or b)whatever you test and see you prefer. For 2 strokes, MAXXIS TYRES from Tal-ko are the best of the industry.

Over here I dis agree with maxxis as the best, also over here tracks have tire rules so you just cant go buy what you want

Spec tires are rarely the fastest tires, and Burris are seldom the fastest in open tire competition.
Burris certainly do have their advantages however, longevity being one major point.

I don't favor any one brand over another. Each has it's purpose and best application. Whichever brand, tread depth, cut profile, etc is fastest is what I prefer to be on.

KyleOhioGuy, Give us a call at the shop, or drop me a PM on here and I'll try to help as best as I can.
Like others have mentioned, we will need a few more details.
We are familiar with most of the tracks in the country, and especially in the midwest.
Our tire program has been solid for many years, and specifically our Burris tires and preps have been very good.

We will be at the S.E. Premier Motorsports Expo in Sevierville, TN this weekend.
I'll have a few sets of our new Vector Cutz Burris 33A tires on display and for sale (as well as Hoosiers and a ton of other stuff.)
We'll also be at the OVKA swap meet Feb. 2nd in Wilmington, OH.
If you have a chance, please stop by and introduce yourself.

We'd be more than glad to help you.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com