New to sport

Chmotorsports

Hey I am about 6' and weigh about 180 and looking at running at coleridge in NC, any recommendations on how to get started and what to buy. I currently do not have anything and with this being the off season now would be the perfect time to start getting stuff. Also if anyone has anything to sell in the NC area. I am looking at racing clone and predator classes.

If you can afford to buy someone out you can save some $$$. Getting tools, spares and maybe a couple of engines in the deal is usually the way to go as long as you know what your buying. Even better yet if it's a team that ran at the track you plan to race at and you can get some setup notes to get you started. Not sure what goes on in your area but in the northeast it swap meet season

Make sure you have a kart that is 'race ready'........ meaning it meets all requirements in the class you are racing in motor wise. Also make sure the kart is in tip top condition, safety wired and everything so that it is ready to pass tech. Check to see if the kart is straight and that it is not bent, look underneath the chassis for signs of abuse, also check to see if the chassis has been re-welded or if there are parts there that isn't of original equipment...... that could become a headache in the future when looking for parts to replace, especially the brake setup, make the master cylinder and brake caliper are original.

Back