new topic, builder confernce

flattop1

Dawg 89
How about a new brain teaser . similar to the Who uses a feeler gauge thread.
That one brought a good bit of good discussion.
Float height and drop
If the float is set too high does it limit fuel flow?

Interesting topic, yes we have seen some engines run out of fuel / go lean, when we had float height settings in the .925 range. This made a lot of sense to me because the needle opening window between the needle and seat between open and close was reduced so low that it would not supply enough fuel for a constant fuel level.

We use .875 for pump gas engines and .850 for Alky engines for the float height measurement.

Steve

You mention float heights. The question I have is this for a flat mount or 15' mount? Also float drop, what should it be set at if your using a 15' mount
Jeff 47

Float height is not affected as much by the angle of the motor mount as it is the bouncing/bumping around and g-forces on the track.

.875" float height for me for most everything. On some small plate stuff I've had to raise it some.
Float drop of 1.000" - 1.050" or just about anywhere close to that -- it's going to hit the bottom of the bowl if you go much more than that, and I get concerned about the inlet needle dropping down too low out of the fuel inlet to where it gets hung up and sticks.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back