Newbie in Va

dkota911

Anyone race out at capital speedway in ashland va? Raced karts in oklahoma as a kid but im in my 30’s now and looking to get back into it here in Va. just had some questions regarding classes and set ups. Any insight would be much appreciated!

There are a few Flathead classes out east . Basically for dirt racing its Box stock or predator , out of the box stuff .
or Clone , bluprinted with set rules package . 196 cc honda clone engine . not honda engine's
Sprint in 4 cycle its going Lo206 / briggs or 2 strokes .
classed by engine type and weight .

Go to the track you plan to race at and talk to racers, look at each class, and if you can talk to the promoter. More than likely someone there or someone they know will have a kart for sale with everything you would need to get started. If you have any questions about any brand of chassis, engine, clutch, or anything else kart related don't hesitate to ask on here. There are many knowledgeable racers on here.

Anyone race out at capital speedway in ashland va? Raced karts in oklahoma as a kid but im in my 30’s now and looking to get back into it here in Va. just had some questions regarding classes and set ups. Any insight would be much appreciated!
On our way home from Capital City right now as I type , from racing there Spring Gobbler Race , so I might be able to answer some questions you may have , feel free to PM me here , or call me @ 717 717 712 3437 Ken

Capital is great! They put on some amazing events. Also, check out King George Speedway a little north of there. My son has been racing there for the past three years. Could not have found a better community to get us started.

There are a few Flathead classes out east . Basically for dirt racing its Box stock or predator , out of the box stuff .
or Clone , bluprinted with set rules package . 196 cc honda clone engine . not honda engine's
Sprint in 4 cycle its going Lo206 / briggs or 2 strokes .
classed by engine type and weight .
Looks like ccs does animal, clone and ducar 212. Does the predator ghost work as a “clone”engine?

Sent you a PM

Back