NHRA...US Nationals......

PD Power

Going into the semi-final Top Fuel round,
Don Schumachers team has Tony Schumacher still in the hunt.
He had to race, and beat his DSR teammate Antron Brown in round 1,
and Massey went out with tires a smoking.

This has been a very poor race, track wise. I think the NHRA must have bought some of that
new cheap Chinese track prep.
Seems that almost every race, fueler and funny car, has a tire smoker. Several times both cars, in an individual race, have smoked the tires.

I have observed US Nationals where not more than one or two cars lost traction, all day.
Funny deal today tho.

Antron barely made it in, should have been a easy win. not that any ever are.
Thanks though, was planning on watching it this evening.

Shu has been on a rail all weekend. Antron wasent good any this week. Kalletta was upset in 1st round. But from what I see the track is fine. This is Indy the NHRA is gonna pull out all it has to keep the track good. The ones that tune for what the track gives them will win. Go Schumacher lets get #10!

In the semi-final round of fuel dragsters, Richie Crampton beat Tony Schumacher, by 8 inches.....
OUCH!

Earlier in the day...or yesterday....they ran the final fuel funny car race makeup, for the rained on race, two weeks ago, at Brainerd Min.
In that race, Capps beat Force. Force kissed him during the interview, in the shutdown area. Capps cringed!

Going into the semi-final Top Fuel round,
Don Schumachers team has Tony Schumacher still in the hunt.
He had to race, and beat his DSR teammate Antron Brown in round 1,
and Massey went out with tires a smoking.

This has been a very poor race, track wise. I think the NHRA must have bought some of that
new cheap Chinese track prep.
Seems that almost every race, fueler and funny car, has a tire smoker. Several times both cars, in an individual race, have smoked the tires.

I have observed US Nationals where not more than one or two cars lost traction, all day.
Funny deal today tho.

Again I ask, What does this have to do with karts????

Matt and Rickie Smith are both based here in King, NC, and I see them prepping often. Occasionally they'll fire up a bike at Matt's shop (800' from my house) and that's a magical sound. Buck Racing Engines is 1 mi. from my house, up the same road, and they're backlogged 2 years on customer engines, let alone odd jobs... Guess there's still some money in the drag world, even if it's Saudi originated... :)

The run I saw today of Matt's was a close shave, but a W is a W.

She ran a heck of a race.
I'd like to see John win, for one reason, he is a good guy, and also he is losing sponsors Ford and Castrol after this season.

I want to see him continue as he has, for as long as he wants.
Surely other sponsors will come in to fill the gap. John is not personally wealthy like Kalitta, and Schu. He must have solid sponsorship to continue on.

I believe he will get the sponsorships needed to continue on, as he has.
His entire driving team is Force related. Robt. Height is his son in law.

Despite being as competitive as they are, you may rest assured that Don Schumacher wants Force to remain the force that he and his team is.
I cannot visualize Schumacher Electric in any sponsorship role, but I can visualize Don doing some "backwater" work on Force's behalf.

After many years in DragRacing for my self, It's still only a Winner at the final, every body else it 1-2-3 and so on. DragRacing runner up just means you LOST.

After many years in DragRacing for my self, It's still only a Winner at the final, every body else it 1-2-3 and so on. DragRacing runner up just means you LOST.
That's a fact! And it applies to all forms of motorsports. Who won the D500.....motorsport fans all know. Who was the runner up..............uuhhhhhh..............:)

Michael Ray #7 in the countdown riding for Star Racing PSM resigned today. Same thing happened last year. What a crappy thing to do leaving a team who got you into the countdown just as it gets started.

Back