NKA,AKRA Predator

"J'-remy

Who do I need to talk to get a general set of rules for the predator Class? I am all for out of the box attach a clutch set the throttle stop and race. But i am not looking to be disqualified for holes in the gas cap, breather tube? RPM limit 5000 or 5500? spark plug etc etc. I would like to race in KY,TN,SC ,NC and GA and not have to worry about how many holes in my gas cap drum clutch sprocket skip tooth size hullabaloo. do our best to curb all the cheating and grow the sport. And can I get at least a crummy trophy for my efforts? I would gladly give up $10 of any payback to bring home some bling 1st through 3rd in any race with more than 7. Stickers are great but i'd like to have something my daughter doesn't steal to dress up her IPad.

Who do I need to talk to get a general set of rules for the predator Class? I am all for out of the box attach a clutch set the throttle stop and race. But i am not looking to be disqualified for holes in the gas cap, breather tube? RPM limit 5000 or 5500? spark plug etc etc. I would like to race in KY,TN,SC ,NC and GA and not have to worry about how many holes in my gas cap drum clutch sprocket skip tooth size hullabaloo. do our best to curb all the cheating and grow the sport. And can I get at least a crummy trophy for my efforts? I would gladly give up $10 of any payback to bring home some bling 1st through 3rd in any race with more than 7. Stickers are great but i'd like to have something my daughter doesn't steal to dress up her IPad.
There is no set rules for predator as far as I know. Find a track close to you and go with their rules.

I would like there to be a set of rules everyone follows like the clone and the L206 have. because each track set their own rules. my tracks rules don't always meet x tracks rules like i said i would like to travel around and test my skill and not worry so much of paying to race and finding out that everyone at this track has a cheater cam and I didn't get the memo. nobody wants to run at the back of the pack or get disqualified by a technicality like the hole in my gas cap was wrong. i do not want the predator class to go the way of the clone but would be nice to pull up to the track and find out they run 360 and I run 375. for example i have 2 3/16 holes in my cap Dawgwood only allows for 1. Clay City the class is 375 when its a big event race and 360 on an average Sat night. these things make no sense to me if I placed at Dawgwood it wouldn't be because my tank was breathin better. and i'm a low budget racer (like most Predator racers) with a small rig i cant set up my bathroom scales on the grass at Clay City if i ran clone i would need a NKA and an AKRA motor to play at other peoples venues. let alone all the tire flavors. If i did move up to the clone it is still economical to tote the predator engine as an option. Some tracks are now allowing the Tillotson 212 and the Ducor 212. they might be the same displacement and orientation but they are not same as the $99 motor at harbor Freight.

I would like there to be a set of rules everyone follows like the clone and the L206 have. because each track set their own rules. my tracks rules don't always meet x tracks rules like i said i would like to travel around and test my skill and not worry so much of paying to race and finding out that everyone at this track has a cheater cam and I didn't get the memo. nobody wants to run at the back of the pack or get disqualified by a technicality like the hole in my gas cap was wrong. i do not want the predator class to go the way of the clone but would be nice to pull up to the track and find out they run 360 and I run 375. for example i have 2 3/16 holes in my cap Dawgwood only allows for 1. Clay City the class is 375 when its a big event race and 360 on an average Sat night. these things make no sense to me if I placed at Dawgwood it wouldn't be because my tank was breathin better. and i'm a low budget racer (like most Predator racers) with a small rig i cant set up my bathroom scales on the grass at Clay City if i ran clone i would need a NKA and an AKRA motor to play at other peoples venues. let alone all the tire flavors. If i did move up to the clone it is still economical to tote the predator engine as an option. Some tracks are now allowing the Tillotson 212 and the Ducor 212. they might be the same displacement and orientation but they are not same as the $99 motor at harbor Freight.
I guess I dont get what you're saying. You want to run 2 tracks with the same setup but they have different rules?

Simple answer, make your weight for the 375. 15 pounds wont make or break you. Buy another gas cap and just use whichever one for each track. It would be great if there was a rule set from a national group, but there isnt so just deal with it. Save a little money and buy a second predator and set it up for the other track. I'm looking to do this so I can race at another track next year. Its not that hard to manage.

My thoughts exactly , buy another cap or two engines setup different .
Even better start an national organization with the rules you like , then
All the engines would be the same rule set .
that's what i'm trying to do i miss the good ol days when everyone ran a flathead and everyone followed the same guidelines. and you didn't show up to a track with your stocker and later discovered that track let you run limited cams and 50lbs less weight.

there are already $500 builder prepped motors out there and a lot of shops online selling 'cheater' carbs and 'cheater cams' Sooner or later your gonna hear i want a pipe and before long you have a $1200 predator and everyone selling their clone because of 16cc.. I guess some people are ok with racing the same track week in week out racing the same people. I'm not.

8DCBDB6E-5F67-4741-85B5-0194706DBB02.jpeg

no your right i should just buy a $99 Predator, A $500 cheater predator, A $200 tillotson 212, A $200 Ducor 212, six gas caps and get over it.

Changing the gas cap to meet a tracks rules the easy part . At my track it is Harbor Freight engines only . And there are only a few changes allowed from stock , such as a weenie pipe , must use stock air box , but can use a top plate and floor mounted tank , a max carb jet rule , a cam max rule for lift and duration , which max lift is +.002 over stock and a stock duration , no milling of block or head and a max over bore of +10 . Everything else is stock with a 5500 free rev on the stand . You can remove the oil sensor , but the gov has to be hooked up . Drum clutch of course . I don't care how many holes you drill in a stock cap if using the stock tank , just as long as it is not letting gas splash out of it .

OK now I need a top plate weenie pipe a fuel pump and a tank. That's OK Anybody know if Kevin Smith Or X Caliber will Honor the 20% Harbor freight coupon in this weeks paper?
I get the feeling you just dont want to get an answer to your problem. Its literally a gas cap and a little lead. Go to your local parts store and get the cap, and then add the lead or take it out. Its not that hard.

Back