Nkk practice... If i missed anyone ....

josheezpapa

For those who dont know already, I am Mark McGrew, Josh Moffitt's grandpa. We were at NKK for pracrice this weekend, and Josh never got hooked up at all that I could tell,( we were working on it though) he really likes driving it when its loose,cuz he can "back it in" and we were more working on finding a jetting baseline than anything so we were having a blast. we were making some better laps, we had found a half second, and were pretty sure we had another half in our pocket pretty easily.
As usually happens, according to my wife, when we are without adult supervision, our fun goes bad on us.
Josh hit the wall pretty hard, from what I could tell, it was a combination of him waanting to get up top in 1 qnd two, going in pretty deep, and I think the gear hub broke, causing the raer axle to lock up. He tagged the wall with the right front, then it spun around and tagged it with the left rear, and then it went over.

Your guys were there right now checking on him. You had allowed me to be in the infield because of my 4 wheeler needs and issues, and I know from all these years being around this, I am supposed to let your guys do what they do. So I let them get to him and check on him, THEN I went over. I was actually fairly comfortable doing that, because I know youe crew is great, and I know the greade of safety equipment he was wearing.
Anyway, your guys were there immediately, rolling him back over, picking up the pieces (literally) of the car and, most importantly, checking on my best friend/ grandson, and making sure all was well. Then I got some help loading a 3 wheeled car up in the trailer from some nearby guys. When AJ dropped the car off at our pit, he suggested I keep an eye on him, because of a couple things he saw. We went to the ER, cuz he got his bell rung pretty good, and he thought he was having some short term memory loss, everything was fine.

Where I am going, is I want to be surreI got to thank everyone of you that did anything, whether it was tending to him, helping with the car, or just allowing us the room we needed to get everything taken care of. As always, you guys were great. We all hope we will never find out how attentive the safety crew is, but yesterday, we needed the whole track crew, and I really wanna thank you all again

... and, all you guys, make sure you put on good safety gear when you go out. When something breaks, or happens, its too late to do it. Gotta think ahead.

Thanks again

That was a pretty bad hit. Glad he is ok. The track really surprised me with how much rain we had, but I agree with you, the NKK crew did a good job.

Again, I'm glad your grandson is ok. Hope to watch him again soon.

Back