No need for animal.

Paul phoenix

Most people don't realize how foolish going animal is when the 206 Super Stock is such a better option.
The super stock makes so much more sense since it is easier to build and doesn't require or allow any machine work, unless you call honing the cylinder to the next larger size machine work.
One of the reasons building the Super Stock is way easier is because you don't need to machine the head of deck the block.
There are no high priced blueprinted carbs since the carb rules are so closely controlled just like a legal LO 206.
There is no expensive pipe of the week club since the only exhaust allowed is the legal LO 206 # 5506 or 5507 pipe and the 4004 muffler.
No $300.00 electric starter is required. You can pull start the Super Stock.
In fact a electric start is ILLEGAL.

I have first hand experience with the Super Stock and it is great.

Try it and you will love it. I got my old 206 converted from Faster Motors and went alcohol. You can go gas or alcohol.

Paul
Pkra Phoenix arizona
Open for practice 6 days per week 😀

Just finished assembling one for a customer. He did gas, with 7100 rev limiter.
it is a fantastic motor. He bought the parts I put together for free with caveat that I get to try it first....I got it out Saturday and its just plain fun to drive. It is an easy conversion. Jimbo thought this thing out really really well.

I don’t know what the rule set is but, I would guess it is stock head, stock carb ( not including alky jets) stock crank open piston, open cam,open rod, stock flywheel, animal coil ( although the 7100 limiter puts it right in wheelhouse of a stock WF)
I’m sure Jimbo will be along soon enough with the official rules but pretty sure this be close.

So, don't deck the block but buy a longer rod? Buy a coil? And what about the cam profile? What's the difference between this and Animal class?

Deadman just add a few pounds to the super stock to make it equal to an Animal and Walla
If people want to spend more money for an Animal that's fine but i think in time the Super Stock will prove to be a much better Option.

Better, faster, cheaper.

Tell my why building an engine needs to be complicated with machine work when you can just buy off the shelf parts to make more power?

Sundog With the domed piston you don't have to deck the block, nor is it legal to do. The idea of this kit is to do away with any machine work unless you consider honing the block to take a .005" or .010" piston, You are not allowed to machine the head AT ALL!!
Just look at the 206 rule package for everything else.

The package is designed to let people build their own motor that is equal to any motor built by a "engine Builder"
Of course some people don't want to build their own so virtually any engine builder can do it for them.
That means you can't machine the head gasket surface or do any porting. You can refresh the valves and seats though.
I have a complete set of rules that are great!!! They follow all the LO 206 rules except for the parts in the kit.
The exceptions are the piston, the billet rod, the cam, the valve springs, the ignition coil and the valve springs.
The complete rule package available with the Super Stock kit.

Looking at the posts, there’s two guys that have tried the super stock and we both think it’s awesome....

There absolutely is room for variety in the class. Blueprinted animal, 206 Super Stock, Stock WF, maybe even a stroker 206 super stock ( not sure on this one yet but soon) can all run together with a few tweaks.

People make this stuff way more complex than it needs to be.

I have no doubt it works . 9 hp vs 13 hp .
It leaves the animal out .
Put that piston and cam in the animal .
Run them together then you might have something .

$420 for a Super Stock Kit, plus $615 for a base 206 engine = $1035

Brand new WKA Blueprinted Animal from Dover = $1400

Im not really understanding where the big cost saving measure comes from? Used animals are plentiful in the $400-$600 range. Whether an engine builder is rebuilding a WKA Animal or converting a 206 to a Super Stock, I'm still paying the same labor fee.

The idea wasn’t to make a new 206 into a super stock but to repurpose an old 206. Or, to help create a class that’s a step above a regular 206....Or, even a class that’s a step up and also a class mechanically adept people can build their own motor and still be level ground with any engine builder.

Man, some of you guys are just missing this. Embrace some variety. No one s saying you can’t run your BP animal or you have classes. Seems like for every question the answer is yes
SS with stock WF.....yes
SS and WF with Animal ...yes
SS and BP WF....yes

with some thought and planning, it can be done.

it sucks that I’m not gonna to be able to drive for at least month with all this end of the world stuff happening.
But, I’m excited as hell because the last day before everything shut down, I was flying around GoPro “testing out“ my first 206 Super stock build....
Now, I’m getting ready to build a stroker 206 SS, and I just bought a used WF to play with (don’t tell my wife).
I have not been this excited about racing since the first race at the Brickyard in 2017.

The idea wasn’t to make a new 206 into a super stock but to repurpose an old 206. Or, to help create a class that’s a step above a regular 206....Or, even a class that’s a step up and also a class mechanically adept people can build their own motor and still be level ground with any engine builder.

But even so...used 206’s go for about 400-450 bucks. For everyone 1 used 206 for sale, there are 10-15 WKA Animals available. At 400 bucks, I’m still $1000 into a build on a “used” engine. I can buy a good used blue printed WKA animal for $400-$600.

I just don’t see where this is a “cheaper” alternative, and all it does is fragment an already shaky industry with too many classes/options.

JP, what you have to realize is that many if these guys in this thread promoting the SS 206 are speaking from the sprint and road racing side of things --- where there is only ONE 4 cycle engine being used today (the LO206.) There are no alcohol animals, clones, Predators, and flatheads. The sprint/road race guys haven't had car counts like they are currently seeing for decades. The LO206 has literally breathed new life into sprint racing and totally revived some sprint tracks.

On the dirt oval side of the karting world, we have waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many classes already, and adding another is simply fracturing the pie even more. I would guess that there's not 3 guys at any one oval track in the whole country currently running LO206s that would want to step up to the superstock option. Whereas there are plenty of LO206 racers at most sprint tracks now that if a few break away and move up a class to SS, it wouldn't kill the LO206 class at the local level.

There is a MUCH bigger picture than those on either side seem to be aware of.

You have a racing program (sprint) that has been virtually non existent for 10 years.....an engine program comes along that breaths new life in to it, causing kart counts to increase exponentially.

I dont race sprint, have plenty of friends and customers that do, so you guys can do what you want...but seems like a bad time and idea to split off with a different engine package. We see what that did to oval racing, and we are still trying to recover (and probably never will)

Back