No tire rule- treaded or slicks

I asked these questions because I wound up owning a dirt kart (I am a road racer). It has slicks and I was trying to make up my mind if I should put an open on it (have many in the garage) or buy a clone. At the two local tracks the open classes are using treaded tires and the clones are using slicks. Sounds like I can use an open and buy nothing until I really see what is going on. Just do not want to spend the money in the wrong direction.

Hey Dennis what local tracks are you talking about. Are there some around OKC. I havent heard of any so just wondering. Watchout once you go clay youll never stray, you wont want to race asphalt again LOL. We run at 3D in Haskel Ok , wish we had a little bigger track to run at .

unless you have a pretty radical open like a big bike motor 250 + then slicks with prep will be the way to go if you are big hp them maybe treads but even then that's going to depend on the track

Went to Haskel about a month ago and they had quite a few clones and 4 opens. Went to El Reno a week ago and they had a large turn out but in cage karts. 6 clones and 4 opens in what they call flat karts.

I just got my open kart finished and there are usually about 6 karts show up including me. I was running a stock appearing Yamaha big bore on alky those big engines were hard to stay with.Get your kart ready and come race with us. I heard el reno was smaller than 3d is that true, never been there. Just running a 125 Sudam this season will be a lot stouter next season 150 billett stroker Sudam. Now that the new chassis is done that will be the winter project. What kinda kart and engine package you putting togather? 3d races all the way to Haloween so get it put togather a come on over. This will be my first weekend to get to race. Gonna have to get setup real good to have a chance against those big boys. But I have a lot more hp than the Yamaha could put out so we will see.

Buller Aero, looks like a straight chassis built for the dirt. When I was at Haskel they had some motorcycle engine karts that made a lot of noise and went side ways. Looked like some of the smaller engines were going almost as fast. Does look challenging. The two tracks looked about the same size. I did not ask what size they call the El Reno track.

If the track is taking rubber slicks will always be faster. The tread blocks move around way to much. Basically if you're spraying dirt out the back use treads, if it's a clean surface taking rubber go the slicks

Hey Dennis the Areo is a good chassis. You have a bad boy 116 or 125 to put on it? Go to the chassis fourm and find out the numbers to set it up with. Also on dirt we run a 8" RF on 10" wheel, 8" RR on 10" wheel ,6.5 LR on 8.5" wheel,4.5- 5" LF on a 6.5" wheel. you can probably find a good deal on here for a full set already mounted. We also run 6" wheels on dirt. but I would stay with slicks and treat them to get bite. Any questions feel free to pm me. Mitch

Back